Vaulting and Agility skills

Hades

Hey all! Aren't our characters waaaaay too agile from start, in the new Build 41?
The new vaulting anims are great, but I think we should need a couple levels in Nimble skill to unlock them or speed them up.

Practicing and teaching Parkour in real life showed me that most "regular people" can hardly pass waist-high fences without first sitting on, then swinging their legs over them.
Climbing a 2 meters-high fence without a rope or something to hang up onto? Almost IMPOSSIBLE to newbies
And then in game, our characters do perfect Speed Vaults while running, and pass high fences in a couple seconds, without any training... 0_0

So yeah, would make the game more realistic, challenging and rewarding if those expert vaults had to be unlocked with the Nimble skill (which is almost useless right now anyways).
Would also be nice to add landing rolls when falling, at Master levels.

Further note: If I had to choose, I would reorganize the Agility skills entirely by bringing back Strength and Fitness into the main tab, merging Lightfooted into Sneaking, and renaming Nimble -> Agility
So you would have:
- Strength    (carry weight, melee damage + pushback, rope climbing)

- Fitness      (stamina, (resistance to damage and illness?))

- Sprinting   (running acceleration and max speed)

- Sneaking   (walking noise + speed + concealment when sneaking)

- Agility        (vaulting speed + abilities, (chances to evade zombies' grasp and attacks?))

So those are my ideas. What do you think?

I agree with this, I was disappointed that you can only land on your face if you try to jump a fence while sprinting (and I'm even playing an obese character).

Both vaulting and climbing high fences should fail a lot more for unfit characters or should be downright impossible to do imo. 

Don't worry. Here's a some info about vaulting from the July 11th, 2019 Thursdoid:

We’ve got the running and vaulting working and implemented. At the moment we only have the highest speed and finesse version implemented, but we’ll be looking now to adding more variants in for the less fit, athletic, graceful and clumsy people (though we do already have tripping in)

Archived