A change in perspective.

Rommel459

Survival has long been the gold standard by which we all play and which we judge performance.

Reading several of the .41 feedback posts it seems the dev's and some players are having a lot of misunderstandings.

The .41 has upped the combat difficulty by a huge margin for survival, while also introducing builder mode and brawler mode.

Which from what the dev's are saying is at the same difficulty level as survival, but with more of a combat focus.

My suggestion would be to rename survival mode to stealth mode , and put it and brawler and if the same difficulty applies builder mode as well into a game category named survival.

On 10/20/2019 at 10:45 AM, Kirrus said:

Survival requires stealth, but isn't stealth focused. You can 'win' survival without stealth, it's not a stealth game.

It seems you're saying it's survival focused, and thus named correctly.
but aren't brawler and builder and all of the challenge scenarios also survival focused?
or are people going into these modes with the intention of seeing how quickly they can die?

to give you a better idea of what i'm suggesting
presently we have :

Tutorial

------------------------------------

(heading)Playstyle:
Survival (is named after the focus of the game.)
Brawler (is so named as it's a more combat friendly version of survival or so my understanding based on dev posts at this time indicates)
Builder (seems to have combat of any type de-emphasized.)
Custom sandbox

My suggestion would look more like:

Tutorial

------------------------------

(heading) Survival Playstyle:
(insert new name for survival here)

brawler

---------------------------------------------------

Builder (should be above line if difficulty is comparable to brawler/survival)

Custom Sandbox

----------------------------------

(heading)Challenges:

list of challenge scenarios

On 10/20/2019 at 12:31 PM, Jason132 said:

If anything it would be called the Smart/Strategic playstyle where approaching every scenario with brute force such as clearing all the zombies doesn't work, and requires more thought to survive long

to be honest, i'm perfectly fine with it being called tactical or whatever else makes sense. the name of the survival game mode being changed wasn't so much the point of this suggestion, rather it's a result of changing the heading that survival falls under to make the point ingame that i've seen devs make on the forums several times last week that survival and brawler have the same difficulty levels, but with different emphasis regarding how to deal with  zed (and thus potentially save them time and stress from having to keep making the same point on the forums.)

Edited by Rommel459
Readability/reformatting