Constantly Anxious

TheIrishAce

I'm relatively safe in game but I'm constantly Anxious, is there something that's causing this that I'm missing.

I've used consumables like magazines to reduce my anxiousness but it comes back in a matter of minutes. My character has no traits that would cause panic or anxiousness in doors, I'm wondering would it be something like cabin fever?
I'm also trying to fight the early stages of the nauseous moodlet but have been anxious throughout which I imagine isn't going to help my recovery(if I can at all at this point).

On a side note I've been trying to eat well and rest but I can't seem to find the rest option on any beds or chairs. Was this feature removed? Or is it not available in the drop down list because of my anxious moodlet?

Turns out the anxious moodlet was stopping me from resting, so if I can't eat well and rest what can I do to overcome any illnesses/fevers that isn't zombie related?

In past builds of Zomboid I've always made sure I was eating well and rested but now I can't use that strategy because being ill seems to cause anxiousness. 

It's like a vicious circle. Get ill, become anxious, eat well, can't rest. Ultimately, death will come if you can't rest while sick or am I again missing something here?

Edited by TheIrishAce
Added question about resting.

What traits did you pick? Smoker makes you anxious when you don't have a cigarette once in a while.

What made you nauseous? If you are sick from zombification you also get anxious as far as I know. So you might be infected even though no zombie injured you, there have been reports from people that had that happen: https://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php?/topic/25989-zombiefied-by-a-bush/

I don't recall getting cut at all with my character, be it by zombie or environment. I just got sick and was constantly anxious.

Like I said in my edit, I normally got over illnesses in previous builds by being full and resting but that isn't possible anymore it seems because the anxious moodlet  prevents rest.

On 10/20/2019 at 11:05 PM, ohgodspidersno said:

Are there corpses nearby? Those cause unhappiness and poor health.

The game doesn't do a terrific job of communicating this fact to the player.

Shit, I never thought of that. I'll definitely keep that in mind, as of now I can't confirm or deny that this was the cause because my character died of an unrelated event.

On 10/20/2019 at 4:05 PM, ohgodspidersno said:

Are there corpses nearby? Those cause unhappiness and poor health.

The game doesn't do a terrific job of communicating this fact to the player.

Does that stack with Hemophobic maybe? By the end of day 1, my character is a nervous wreck, been finding it hard to stay level-headed.

What about a common cold? If I recall correctly, the only way to confirm if your survivor is sick (or infected), is to do a medical examination, right?

If medical examination isn't possible, all one could do is to pop some meds and hope for the best...