Pharmahug Loot Table Broken

GrumpyTheClown

1 hour ago, EnigmaGrey said:

That's the way most pharmacies in the US and Canada. Ones dedicated purely to medical supplies are pretty rare, most are convenience stores with a pharmacist stuck in the back.

Medical supplies are either nearer the pharmacy desk or behind it.

Okay, but none of these shelves on the store side have medical supplies, which isn't consistent with any pharmacy I have been to. At least some of the shelves are dedicated to home medicine, such as bandaids, cold and flu, etc.

Edited by Kim Jong Un

12 hours ago, Kim Jong Un said:

Okay, but none of these shelves on the store side have medical supplies, which isn't consistent with any pharmacy I have been to. At least some of the shelves are dedicated to home medicine, such as bandaids, cold and flu, etc.

Overall I agree. It might just be down to the map were going back and flagging this particular line of shelves as being special compared to the other one's. Something the guy scripting can't really do.

1 hour ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Overall I agree. It might just be down to the map were going back and flagging this particular line of shelves as being special compared to the other one's. Something the guy scripting can't really do.

Isn't having targeted containers one of the more recent additions to the loot system? For the same way that certain containers in a house kitchen can have just silverware/bowls and another would just have canned goods. It doesn't use a whole line of shelves, but aisles aren't usually solely focused on both ends anyways. I noticed it scavenging around this update - using that for the pharm as well would be an immediate compromise between both of our issues, putting this to rest. :)

Edited by Kim Jong Un

9 minutes ago, Kim Jong Un said:

Isn't having targeted containers one of the more recent additions to the loot system? For the same way that certain containers in a house kitchen can have just silverware/bowls and another would just have canned goods. It doesn't use a whole line of shelves, but aisles aren't usually solely focused on both ends anyways. I noticed it scavenging around this update - using that for the pharm as well would be an immediate compromise between both of our issues, putting this to rest. :)

Yes, but the name of the container is still set in the mapping tool. Different person doing maps.

This change is much newer. The map hasn't been updated yet.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree, it looks like a bug related to the improvement of loot system.

I can understand if some shelves aren't filled with medical supplies, but if you take, for instance, the big Pharmahug of Westpoint (coords: 11936x6806), it makes no sense that such a big area would be filled with food items. Can't be a feature.

It could become a serious problem for long term surviving. Not that it changed anything on _my_ games, as I've been eaten alive the two times I managed to bring a survivor there (I told you, filled with food, even for zombies! :D ), but a fix would be realy nice. ^^

On 10/20/2019 at 10:18 AM, EnigmaGrey said:

Yes, but the name of the container is still set in the mapping tool. Different person doing maps.

This change is much newer. The map hasn't been updated yet.

The problem is that the old Pharmahug loot table have been totally removed and replaced by an identical copy of convenient store loot table. Now in the game there is no loot table for medicines on shop shelves anymore. It's impossible to make pharmacy that dedicated purely to medical supplies anymore in custom maps. 

I think if the devs wants to replicate the store with food, they should just change the room definition to convenient store instead of removing a very unique loot table. 

Untitled-1.png

Why not just distribute your own loot table for the mod rather than rely on the default loot table remaining the same indefinitely? You're going to find many of the loot tables changed or ceased to exist, regardless. 

Even though I  personally agree to an extent - I'd like a row of medical items beyond those behind the counter, it's a mod.