Losing focus on containers.

Casual_Survivor

When I interact with containers in the world, such as removing or adding items, my character will turn in a seemingly random direction and do their animation.  However, this oftentimes causes the game to lose focus on the container I'm looting (or adding items to) and focus on a different one.  This becomes especially noticeable when looting from or storing items into kitchen cabinets.  I can click on one cabinet and access their inventory but if I loot or store an item, my character will turn in a random direction when their animation starts and after that's done, the focus will often be on a different container when there are more than one right next to each other, like the kitchen cabinets.

Edit: It also appears that it'll do this even when the character doesn't turn.  It seems that the game wants to prioritize focus on the inventory container directly in front of them after interacting with any inventory that is within reach but not directly in front of them.  For example, if there is a cabinet with a sink that I'm standing in front of and interact with a cabinet right next to it, it'll default back to the sink cabinet after whatever action is completed.  Is there a way to have it so I can maintain focus on a single inventory or am I required to stand directly in front of it to maintain that focus?

Edited by Casual_Survivor
Added more information and context.