military clothing

Livio Persemprio

i had a good chat this afternoon about the military in the usa and the game could use a little bit more realism on that side (of course i know it's not very high in the priority list, i'm just tossing the idea there for the list). 

military zombies wearing just a camo t shirt shouldn't be a thing, military are the endgame stuff and finding one should feel rewarding.

of course the problem that military should carry weapons or stuff breaking the balance in the early game is there so let's just not put that on the zeds for now and focus on how to make it feel realistic and rewarding without balance issues:

military zombies of course should be quite rare, they should have some good clothes with good protection and durability and maybe a couple mre rations and an annotated map for the trouble. 

that's basicly my suggestion there, rare military zeds, dressed properly and the reward is their clothes. 

first off the clothes should be either jungle camo or olive, so that it's way easier to tell them apart fron other zombies at a glance, then the classic set would be boots and camo trousers (both in game already)

Flak Jackets over BDU's.

Under that is normally a tan/green t-shirt.

and a military helmet with faceshield on top of everything 

some helmets vietnam style would work too since a lot of veterans there will definitely have them around. 

none of these items would be too op, they'd just be something to look forward too from zeds, adding a little bit more to work for in game, and would give them proper military aesthetic that right now we lack.

what do you think? considering i'm already considering it wouldn't be top priority, i know the most urgent thing is a properly polished build

That'd be pretty cool, I'd imagine the National Guard would be the ones with face shields and flak jackets (Seeing they used M69 flak jackets frequently during the 90's)

The regular military would have the PASGT vest and helmet (already in game)

National Guard zeds might be more common at the beginning and then regular army zombies later on?

Probably having different loot on them, maybe Guard zeds having lower tier loot seeing as they don't get the brand new stuff from the army.

Seeing some zeds with older fatigues / gear would be amazing! Seeing as there's bound to be lots of veterans around the timeframe the games set, also it's Kentucky. Rednecks love surplus!

theres military zombies (and a base) in the kingsmouth map and while i got basic military gear and helmets off them i didnt see any with flak jackets or gas masks.

i saw flak jackets and gas masks in the game files though so im pretty sure i was either unlucky or they havent added them in the game yet.

7 hours ago, kevkev said:

theres military zombies (and a base) in the kingsmouth map and while i got basic military gear and helmets off them i didnt see any with flak jackets or gas masks.

i saw flak jackets and gas masks in the game files though so im pretty sure i was either unlucky or they havent added them in the game yet.

Military zombies are in vanilla too, and flak jackets aren't in game however. What is in game is PASGT vests like the regular army uses, not flak jackets like the national guard.