Can't fast forward

duanethebathtub

The detection area has indeed been increased because of the new ability to sit down and rest anywhere. Prior to this change the number of unfair deaths while resting (and fast-forwarding) has been awfully large - you sit down, fast-forward, next thing you know a zed is biting you while the char is getting up, helpless.

That said there may be a bug lurking with corpses having an effect of this, so if anyone spots THAT, please do report!

1 hour ago, Pandorea said:

The detection area has indeed been increased because of the new ability to sit down and rest anywhere. Prior to this change the number of unfair deaths while resting (and fast-forwarding) has been awfully large - you sit down, fast-forward, next thing you know a zed is biting you while the char is getting up, helpless.

That said there may be a bug lurking with corpses having an effect of this, so if anyone spots THAT, please do report!

I understand what you are saying but I don't think that can be considerate as unfair deaths. If the player decides to rest in the middle of a forest, out in the open, it's his fault only. I always find a house or a secured area with walls+door first before resting, and this change is impacting the gameplay in this case. I'll explain:

Before the change I was able for example to go to the second floor of a two story house during the helicopter event and keep reading books until the helicopter goes away. Now is impossible to do this because I can't fast forward and have to wait from 8am to 22pm without doing anything until my character becomes tired enough to be able to sleep. Can't go to the first floor because is flooded with zombies too. If the fast forward was possible, one to two days fast forwarding reading books was enough to clear the area so I could escape and go back to my base.

1 hour ago, ZonaryQuasar said:

I understand what you are saying but I don't think that can be considerate as unfair deaths. If the player decides to rest in the middle of a forest, out in the open, it's his fault only. I always find a house or a secured area with walls+door first before resting, and this change is impacting the gameplay in this case. I'll explain:

Before the change I was able for example to go to the second floor of a two story house during the helicopter event and keep reading books until the helicopter goes away. Now is impossible to do this because I can't fast forward and have to wait from 8am to 22pm without doing anything until my character becomes tired enough to be able to sleep. Can't go to the first floor because is flooded with zombies too. If the fast forward was possible, one to two days fast forwarding reading books was enough to clear the area so I could escape and go back to my base.

It was not only in the open. You could be resting in a house and zombies would break in and attack and bite you before you can even get off the floor. 

18 minutes ago, Pandorea said:

It was not only in the open. You could be resting in a house and zombies would break in and attack and bite you before you can even get off the floor. 

But it's the same thing/case, no?

If the player decides to rest while being chased by zombies (and by that I mean, if the zeds know where the player is), they will bash the doors until the door is destroyed and then they will bite/attack the player.

So if the player is being followed, enters a room, close the doors, sits on the floor and hit fast forward, it's his fault if he dies, no?

What the player should do is first eliminate all the threat, and only then safely rest on the floor.

If he does this, then there's no reason to change the range of the fast forward cancelation.

19 minutes ago, Pandorea said:

You may be forgetting about Ehxaustion. Eliminating all threat may not be possible because character is so tired they can barely lift the weapon or move.

And in that case what the player would do? He would go to a empty room and fast forward to rest until the character's exhaustion goes away.

The thing is that now he can't because when he tries to fast forward it won't work because there are zombies nearby even if they aren't in line of sight of the player.

Edited by ZonaryQuasar

When I don't have a vehicle I travel long distances with the option "Walk to..." in the context menu, using F4 in zones without zombies.
Now it's impossible, and very boring.

I can mention a thousand examples where fast forward is essential for the gameplay of this game.

If you use fast forward in dangerous situations it is your responsibility as I said before.