Steam Controller

ilikecaterpillars

I was just curious if anyone ever uses one while playing on Zomboid and if so, what sort of config do you use?

I normally use a steam controller, as I play split screen with my other half, but I set it to gamepad controls.

With build 41, I know gamepads are very low on the priority list, so I wanted to put together a keyboard and mouse config. If anyone else uses a particular config, it'd be good to know what you use, so I can use it and still help to test out the new build.

Cheers! xXx

Hi ilikecaterpillars

I play exclusively with a steam controller and have a pretty solid control scheme down (so solid I've dared to call it Ultimate ;)).

It is geared towards single player.

I've only played the IWBUMS 41 build shortly, but have made a few adjustments according to the changes I have found.

I have attached screenshots of the config for now, but will try to get a link for it as soon as possible

One can only hope that @lemmy101 and the others will make it possible to have both xinput and keyboards enabled simultaneously or even better ...support steam input

EDIT: Link to configuration

419075853_Skrmbillede(4).thumb.png.07dbb6a74cdd9c5722fc936950c675e2.png

Skærmbillede (5).png

Thanks! I'll give that a go.

I normally use edge tapping, so I use touchpads for everything and never use the joystick or face buttons, so I'll see if I can adjust it so I can move it all onto the touchpads.

It looks like a great setup though. I'll load it up in a bit and let you know how I get on. I'll just have to get used to the aim being based on the mouse and not rotating around the character. xXx

@Gade

Unfortunately, I couldn't get the link to work through the edit. It was unclickable for me.

Is there any chance you could upload it onto the community configs on steam, or into another link?

I've had a bit of a play around with the config from the screenshots. How do you find driving? It seems very strange pressing forward and backwards, but I suppose that's just where I'm so used to using the triggers. It's a shame you can't change the keybinds for the vehicles and movement seperately. xXx

Yeah, unfortunately I hadn't played enough with the config after changing it so I couldn't upload it - I was hoping the link worked anyway.

I haven't tried driving a car yet but Ill play later today and then I'll share a new link when it has been played enough to upload. Hopefully Ill have a handle on car controls then 🙂

Archived