Head turning?

JDoanut

Would it be possible to have animations to turn your head while walking/running? I feel this would make movement feel smoother because you wouldn't have to stop to aim, making you very slow, or change direction while running to see your surroundings. Running away from zeds also kind of puts you in the dark unless you stop and aim behind you to see if they are following and if they are close or not, but this slows you down and makes you vulnerable. Overall, being able to look in one direction while moving in another without aiming and slowing yourself would be great. Sneaking would feel a lot smoother from this as well.

During combat, I often check behind me because of rear vulnerability, but it looks a little weird 360'ing to check and it also makes you vulnerable from the front if you check what's behind you. A quick head turn to check what's behind you, while maintaining your front guard would feel great, but I'd imagine adding something like this in would be difficult and/or time consuming, which is probably not a priority.

A lot of things could come from having the ability to turn your head, like new perks and injuring your neck (sleeping in chairs) could limit your head turning ability

Archived