Protection system is a joke?

Gvozd

Got fireman's suit in the start of the run, about 60-80% protection. Got in a fight with zombies - every their attack is sucsessful. What is the point in this mechanic than? I'm not trying to be mean, sorry if it seems so. 

13 minutes ago, TheVastator said:

Probably you got VERY unlucky and got that 40-20% in which your suit doesn't help ;)

guess so too. because ive also had thuh firemans suit and once ive got the scratching/biting sound while engaging a zombie i was not injured at all.

so, for me it did work. although ive lost this char today to stupidity which is a bummer (climbed into a house window at which ive got mauled by two zeds. been my longest run so far.... 4 days... :-) ). he had already a car running and i felt like this is going to be THE RUN. well, never make the mistake and feel too safe i guess haha

only had a lead pipe to defend myself.... this time ive found a fireaxe and a cowboy hat!!!!! i think this might be it for a run to be at least 30-60 days running... i know thats way tooooo optimistic, still gotta get used to animations but the learning curve is steep and makes it worth to try! :-)  (really really hope i will find the firemans suit + military boots again. so far, burnt down houses didnt gave me same luck as last try ;-) )

tldr: i think protection system is mostly working although ive read about several bugs where its not working as intended 

I got saved by it many times, but I also got jumped and bitten right through my fireman's suit before I could blink.

I guess it will cause some XCOM effect and trigger people when you have 90 percent chance to be ok and you still die :P

I agree, I feel it could use some tweaking. I had a character wearing multiple layers of clothing. Tank, long sleeve T, denim overshirt, hoodie, and jacket. I don't think there is a logical explanation for being bitten in the torso with that many layers of clothing unless I was being held down and my clothing being torn. All I did was run past a zed barely at arms reach and bam, I was bitten. Didn't even get close enough for a bite. 

100% production doesn't translate into a hundred percent chance to avoid a bite or a scratch.

It's more like the part is just covered 100%, making the overall chance less likely ( but far from 100% less likely) once all the dice rolls complete.

Holes really lower clothing effectiveness as well. That might not be properly reflected right now and the protection panel, as they don't show up on the diagram yet.

Not saying it's not buggy or  flawed right now, ofc.

6 minutes ago, EnigmaGrey said:

100% production doesn't translate into a hundred percent chance to avoid a bite or a scratch.

It's more like the part is just covered 100%, making the overall chance less likely ( but far from 100% less likely) once all the dice rolls complete.

Holes really lower clothing effectiveness as well. That might not be properly reflected right now and the protection panel, as they don't show up on the diagram yet.

I personally feel like the clothing that offers 100 percent protection should protect that area of the body totally until the garment is torn or degraded. Just my opinion.

5 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

I think it would be better to clear up the description, because it is confusing. 

Archived