Questions about Cleaning Clothes

Blake81

So, I've noticed that the Washer Machines and Dryers on houses and laundromats can be turned on and off now just like stoves and TVs.  However, I can't seem to be able to figure how to use them.

I put some dirty clothes inside of a Washer along with some soap and left it going for a few (in-game) hours, no changes. Tried putting some wet clothes from a rainy day on the Dryer for a while, but again, nothing.

How can they be used? I've noticed the "Wash" menu coming up if I right-click the washer machines, but that just leaves my character washing the clothes there as if it was a sink, which kinda undermines how would such a device be used. 

Also, is there any way to repair clothes?

For your first question, washing machines and dryers do work in my game. Washing machines don't need any soap which is a huge bonus for using them, as soap depletes so fast ! So it might be a bug on your end ?

No idea about repairing clothes yet, but I would think yes, with thread and a needle, which I will test out once I find a needle.

3 minutes ago, Lixo said:

For your first question, washing machines and dryers do work in my game. Washing machines don't need any soap which is a huge bonus for using them, as soap depletes so fast ! So it might be a bug on your end ?

No idea about repairing clothes yet, but I would think yes, with thread and a needle, which I will test out once I find a needle.

Ok, but how do I USE them? Do I put the clothes in and just turn them on? Do I have to use the "Wash" function on them and remain there washing the clothes? Or can I just leave them working and go do something else.

58 minutes ago, Blake81 said:

Ok, but how do I USE them? Do I put the clothes in and just turn them on? Do I have to use the "Wash" function on them and remain there washing the clothes? Or can I just leave them working and go do something else.

Putting clothes in, turning it on and going to read a book works for me.

Washers and Dryers do work but it may be difficult to figure out which is which. One tip I can give you: once you put your dirty/bloody stuff in and press "Turn on" the state should also change to "Soaked" (that's how you know it's a wshing machine). Another tip: it takes a fair while for a cycle to finish.

Archived