IWBUMS 41.14 released!

lemmy101

I absolutely love the new beta. Everything I've wanted, you've added. I've been playing pz since the building was first added and i'm so so so excited for the update to be completed. The new movement is stellar, visible damage to your clothing and injuries visibly hindering your movement is wonderful and adds a whole new layer of immersion. The new weapons are amazing, the addition of different one handed weapons and two handed weapons was something i've wanted for sooooo long. As of right now this is one of the best zombie games I've played to date.  There is, though, a few grievances i have with the game in its current state, I'll try to keep this list somewhat organized.

Character Models:

• The hairstyles for the women are great, but any hat you put on the women with long hair forces you into ponytail hairstyle.
  • when going into stabbing animation, stabbed zombies will freeze before instantly switching to dead on the ground.
  • Sprinting is a toggle (not sure if this is intended) meaning that you have to let go of wasd completely to stop sprinting.

Zombies:

• When zombies drop down from an above floor and hit the ground they are able to move immediately. This has already ended one run i was really invested in.
  • This isn't much to actually do with zombies but when you go up stairs you cant see zombies that could be just standing at the top until they are actually attacking.
  • The zombies' pathfinding makes it a little hard to shake them. For instance, like crouch-jogging into trees and making a full 90 degree turn and getting a good distance away before they could have had a chance to see you, they will still follow you. This gives them a feeling more akin to bots rather than zombies. (In my opinion, they should go the direction they last saw you headed.)
  • When you set off a loud noise (house alarm, police siren, Etc.) and sneak a distance away successfully, zombies seem to move toward the sound only when you are near.
  • Some zombies are able to push one another and the zombie being pushed is able to attack while moving.
  • When leading zombies around corners they can get stuck on the corner and just stop moving entirely.
  • Killing a zombie that's an owner of a storage facility should drop a sort of master key to gain access to the other units that otherwise you'd have to break down the garage door to get in.

Map:

• Privacy Fences around the map have no cutaways, making seeing zombies standing next to them virtually invisible until they step out.
  • In Riverside, the bar next to the Churns-r-us, has a outdoor patio on the second floor with no floor.

Clothing:

• This is less of a problem and more of a suggestion. clothing getting damaged should gradually reduce insulation and and protection, to incentivize repair or replacement.
  • Clothing stores usually have no clothes. (i understand good clothing should be somewhat rare, but every clothing store i have gone in has like two pairs of pants and a shirt.)
  • Lockers in a profession building should have chance to have clothing related to said profession (like police trooper outfits in police station locker rooms)
  • (also a suggestion less of a problem) It would be neat if zombies could damage your bag from the back and items could have more of a chance to fall out the more damage it takes. (this could incentivize repair and add another layer of realism.)

Weapons:

• It seems that the default red axe is still the strongest melee weapon. (i played when the meta was lumberjack, run to hardware store, grab axe and swing) It would be nice if its damage was toned down a bit.
  • Katana seems a bit too powerful(isn't that bad since it seems this one is rare)
  • the hunting knife seems too under powered for what it is.

That's all i've noticed for now. I really love the regular updates and community presence you guys have. I really appreciate you guys and the game you've made. Please keep up the good work!

Edited by Rain Tumbler

1 hour ago, Rain Tumbler said:

This is less of a problem and more of a suggestion. clothing getting damaged should gradually reduce insulation and and protection, to incentivize repair or replacement.

Isnt this the case?

A Zombie attacked me and ripped out a lot of my jacket, it still showed the protection chance, but the parts werent displayed green anymore in the protection window.

So I think this these bodyparts arent proteced anymore then, but i dont know about isolation.

Edited by Lornsteyn

Small QOL suggestion (I'm sure this is coming in a future patch, but worth pointing out just in case):

It would be super nice if the presets for a Custom game matched the three new game modes (Surviver, Brawler, Builder).  They still use the preset values for the old Survival difficulty levels.  Wanted to start with Brawler but tweak a few things, and found I wasn't able to yet.

Also seconding the suggestion to be able to save our starting clothing / character options as a preset so we can quickly remake our characters (now that we die so often!  xP).

Received a crash for the second time during basic gameplay, nothing in particular going on, I had just looted a few items from a medical cabinet and moved to the center of the house I was looting when it froze up.

Results in all the zombies in my chunk being reset, which was nice because my chunk was getting crazy populated, which could be the cause? I dunno.

Here is the error fired when I crashed

[21-10-19 13:27:05.065] ERROR: General, 1571689625064> ExceptionLogger.logException> Exception thrown java.lang.NullPointerException at ClimbThroughWindowState.execute line:148..
[21-10-19 13:27:05.069] ERROR: General, 1571689625069> DebugLogStream.printException> Stack trace:.

Full log attached.

21-10-19_12-26-22_DebugLog.txt

The fancy two story restaurant by the river in Riverside has a problem with the balcony.    Opened the 2cd story balcony door,   walked out and I fell through.

Found two generators with 10% condition.    Just thought I'd mention in case it's not intended.    Makes instant generator starts harder.   Fine with  me.

39 minutes ago, feral_donkey said:

Found two generators with 10% condition.    Just thought I'd mention in case it's not intended.    Makes instant generator starts harder.   Fine with  me.

Yeah, it's not intended. They'll be fixed in the next patch.

2 hours ago, Neutz said:

However i cannot clear out the zombies in the area. I am literally watching them spawn in front of me out of thin air

I can confirm this happening to me on the Mul Police Station; I went thru the front door, and the room was empty, but as I checked the desks looking for the key, 4-7 Zeds spawned all around the room, literally out of thin air.

2 minutes ago, Blake81 said:

I can confirm this happening to me on the Mul Police Station; I went thru the front door, and the room was empty, but as I checked the desks looking for the key, 4-7 Zeds spawned all around the room, literally out of thin air.

This has happened to me on more than one occasion, where zombies will pop out out of the floor of a building and start charging, even though I was not close enough to aggro them.

Just found a minor bug; neckties are one layer lower in clothing than they should be; they show- say, over a Long John, but not over a Formal Shirt (which is what most of the necktie-having zed wear). Not exactly game-breaking, but it seriously hinders any chances for a Shaun of the Dead cosplay :P

Edited by Blake81

Mechanically, how much difference is there between crouching [C] movement and sneak/aim [ctrl/right mouse] movement?  Of course there's the nice new animations, pushing through trees and so on; and one mode is for fighting.  But noise-and-notice-wise, skill-wise? I've not particularly noticed, but haven't been thoroughly looking.

Edited by Wayfarer

Are crafted spears really supposed to start with almost no durability? That must be a bug right? It's just so weird.

Also M16 Assault rifle has only 15 magazine size and when you try shoot with it, you can only shoot one bullet and have to move otherwise you cant shoot. lol

Epic bugs here folks! 8D

44 minutes ago, Josko said:

Are crafted spears really supposed to start with almost no durability? That must be a bug right? It's just so weird.

Also M16 Assault rifle has only 15 magazine size and when you try shoot with it, you can only shoot one bullet and have to move otherwise you cant shoot. lol

Epic bugs here folks! 8D

M16 doesn't even spawn in the main game right now. You must be using mods or something.

Also spears durability depends on your carpentry level.

• Kirrus unpinned this topic