Jump to content
lemmy101

IWBUMS 41.14 released!

Recommended Posts

 Various movement / rotation fixes, hopefully a final Turkish lanuguage issue fix, various other bug fixes and working Brawler and Builder modes

 

 - Now treats aiming/strafing as a zero-momentum state, like idle.
  - Turn180 now uses idleToRun180 instead of runToTurn180 when going from strafe -> run in the opposite direction of travel.
  - Only blends (with animations) to defaultWalk/Run/Sprint if isTurningAround==false
  - Uses animation-less transitions otherwise. This prevents the transition anims from doubling up with the turn180s anims.
  - ZNetFriends continues pinging in singleplayer, possible it's one source of FPS drop
- Failed to Poll Device spam should be hidden, may be source of FPS drop for those with Blutooth or other wireless hardawre
- Vehicle will continue moving after its tire is burst
- Increase quality of Tires on cars to at least 20-30% in Survival mode
- Fixed missing bob/bob_idle on Turkish systems.
- Fixed AnimationSet lookup bug with Turkish locale ("Idle" -> "idle").
- Fixed EmptyStackException in IsoSpriteInstance.get().
- Fixed player not starting without clothes in AReallyCDDAy.
- Fixed custom icons for clothing and containers being lost after reloading a game.
-  Fixed exception cleaning blood with a Bath Towel.
- Fixed exception loading shotguns (or any gun without a magazine).
- GrabItemAction transfers multiple items at a time similar to InventoryTransferAction.
- Transferring large stacks of items should no longer lower fps.
- Fixed losing ammo when creating a sawn-off shotgun.
- Fixed resize behavior of the Customize Character screen.
- Fixed combining InventoryTransferActions when the source and destination containers aren't the same.
- Changed "version 110" to "version 120" in some shaders that use functions in const expressions.
- Fixes to MainThread/GameThread crash handling.
  - A crash in RenderThread no longer locks-up the game.
  - Uncaught Errors now get absorbed, logged, and an attempt is made to preserve save data.
  - Added uncaught exception handlers to MainThread, GameThread, and any other internal threads I could find.
  - Added default uncaught handler for any external threads.
  - Added custom handler for MainThread, sets bGameThreadExited and signals the RenderThread.
  - Added custom handler for RenderThread, sets m_isCloseRequested, zaps any waiting queues, and waits for MainThread to save and close.
  - DebugOptions
    - Added testThreadCrash mechanism, used to fire a crash on-demand, remotely from AnimZed.
- Run -> Strafe -> Run now keeps to a straight line of travel. No longer does the strange arc movement during transition
- Strafe -> Run transitions now only use transition anims if at not turning more than 90 degrees.
- Strafe -> movement transitions updated to correct targets when isTurning90/Around.
- Fixes to odd arc turns during transitioning from walk -> strafe
- Fixed Brawler and Builder playstyle options in menu to stop them launching Survivor by mistake
- Crash-fix for when getVectorFromDirection is given a null vector.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

dont see it, may have missed it

 

are controllers part of this? would be great to swing a weapon and have the camera stay steady.

and be able to run would be nice as well

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, syfy said:

dont see it, may have missed it

 

are controllers part of this? would be great to swing a weapon and have the camera stay steady.

and be able to run would be nice as well

 

 

no controller fixes yet afaik, sorry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Omg yes...I thought the movement felt a little clunky and now it feels a lot more smooth. Thank you devs! Also about the models that appear in my character's hands being invisible or just having broken textures, yeah...it's not just the weapons and guns...all of them are broken...like the magazines are f-ing pink with no pages and no writing, the book is brown with no writing, the weapons are one solid color ( not textured whatsoever,knives are a chunk of coal ), guns all black, the guitar is completely missing a model, so yeah...the textures are missing for some odd reason.

20191017181023_1.jpg

20191017181011_1.jpg

20191017181035_1.jpg

20191017181042_1.jpg

20191017181142_1.jpg

20191017181147_1.jpg

error#3.jpg

error#1.jpg

error#2.jpg

Edited by piersxoxoxo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was just wondering where is the AnimZed animation tools? Are they not yet released? I really wanna start animating!

Will I need to make a model first to animate something like a new weapon?

hopefully there will be a tutorial to help people get started ^__^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bug: When starting a new character it is possible it starts you without the chosen profession.

 

image.thumb.png.c23d80556159374f422de2425cf2df61.png

 

unknown.png?width=1248&height=702

 

LOG  : General, 1571418794259> 1 players found
LOG  : General, 1571418794262> player 0 is mouse
LOG  : General, 1571418794264> PLAYER DATA OFFSET 0
LOG  : General, 1571418794267> 320
LOG  : General, 1571418794270> 0
LOG  : General, 1571418794272> 640
LOG  : General, 1571418794275> 360
LOG  : General, 1571418794398> STATE: enter zombie.gameStates.IngameState
WARN : General, 1571418794410> VehicleType.initNormal> vehicle type "Base.ModernCar_Martin" isn't in VehicleZoneDistribution
WARN : General, 1571418794415> VehicleType.initNormal> vehicle type "Base.SportsCar_ez" isn't in VehicleZoneDistribution
WARN : General, 1571418794418> VehicleType.initNormal> vehicle type "Base.ModernCar_ez" isn't in VehicleZoneDistribution
WARN : Shader, 1571418794726> ShaderProgram.getUniform> Texture doesn't exist in shader
LOG  : General, 1571418795242> Init ISContextManager
LOG  : General, 1571418795438> FirstNAME:AntonioMurphy
COMMAND QUEUE stallCount = 0 peakUsage = 7776
COMMAND QUEUE stallCount = 0 peakUsage = 10368
COMMAND QUEUE stallCount = 0 peakUsage = 16352

 

Further Testing:

 

Seems that this is tied to using the Random button when selecting your character's appearance. Using random during the character appearance screen, consistently removes the character's profession. Not using the random button keeps the profession in place.

Edited by Johnnyonoes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem with the car parts remain; those that show up with "Condition 10/10" instead of "Condition 100/100" will install with only 10% condition, and this happens even to those that were 100%.

 

A moment ago I removed a tire that was 100% from another car to put it on mine, and when I put it back, it's condition had dropped to 10%.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wtf Brawler mode has shit ton of zombies? I couldnt get anywhere in mauldrough, I can kept running until I died.

I feel like Survival had way less. This is just insanely hard... Tone down with the zombies :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, josko_91 said:

Wtf Brawler mode has shit ton of zombies? I couldnt get anywhere in mauldrough, I can kept running until I died.

I feel like Survival had way less. This is just insanely hard... Tone down with the zombies :/

 

maybe its too much, but the rationale is its not an 'easy mode' but has much easier combat, so extra zombies added to compensate for the lower difficulty of combat. We can tone it down a little tho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, josko_91 said:

Wtf Brawler mode has shit ton of zombies? I couldnt get anywhere in mauldrough, I can kept running until I died.

I feel like Survival had way less. This is just insanely hard... Tone down with the zombies :/

Same, i think the developers elevated the difficulty or is a error, there is more zombies comparated with the yesterday version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, lemmy101 said:

 

maybe its too much, but the rationale is its not an 'easy mode' but has much easier combat, so extra zombies added to compensate for the lower difficulty of combat. We can tone it down a little tho.

I recommend keeping Muldraugh relatively low pop on zombies so people can gear up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey lemmy, I appreciate changes..

 

However now there's a problem with mods that mod the burnt car wrecks. Sadly I made a mod that mods those wrecks but now it doesn't work anymore after this update as intended and keeps throwing errors in console... despite game working just fine.

 

The problem is that for example if I try to have a wreck with accessible trunk or glovebox, the game throws error about condition of these parts. I know you don't want to provide support for mods but I thought I'd point it out anyway so you could maybe give a helping hand here and possibly prevent code from checking burnt cars.

 

Now it's simply impossible to add any parts from normal cars to burnt vehicles, because wreck condition is 0% but sometimes part condition is above that when you add in burntcars.txt some parts like accessible and lootable glovebox, truck bed or trunk door. It throws this exception upon spawning, and everything seems to work, except the fact that it keeps throwing the errors in console.

 

I know this is a lot to ask, but lemmy, would you be able to exclude wrecks/burnt cars from being checked for parts condition or somehow allow it to circumvent so it doesn't throw those errors in console and just ignores the conditions? It's sorta impossible to have any mods that involve wrecks right now if they have any car parts attached. I have attached console file. Please lemmy, I'd appreciate if you could atleast give some pointers what was changed because I'd have to basically strip down my mod from some important functionality and I really wouldn't want to do that.

 

 

 

 

console.txt

Edited by Eggtooth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chimericray said:

Thanks for fixing so many important things so quickly!

 

I have PZ on GOG, and I am not seeing the 41.14 version on there. It's still at 41.13 from what I can tell.

 

Thanks again.

Uploaded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lemmy101 said:

 

maybe its too much, but the rationale is its not an 'easy mode' but has much easier combat, so extra zombies added to compensate for the lower difficulty of combat. We can tone it down a little tho.

 

Yeah well when it said it was like build 40, I didnt think it would have 6 months later level zombies lol

 

Thanks ^^

 

Also I still really feel the movement feels slugish when you walk but running and sneaking and looking around is pretty much perfect.  Also I noticed after jumping over a fence the character just stands for like a a second after doing the action. Would be nice if it would be changed so you can move right after character has jumped over the fence!

 

The garage doors in McCoy lumber mill looks weird when you go inside. Just reporting :P

 

I hope I didnt sound rude or anything, well I probably did but Im extremely greatful and really like how the animations turned out, you and your team has done the impossible! Im... Im impressed mortal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I played a couple of hours of Survivor difficulty on IWBUMS 41 and I am thoroughly impressed! There is a very nice difficulty curve going on if you play in Rosewood or Riverside, but starting out in Muldraugh or Westpoint is masochist mode. There is a very heavy density of zombies in the big cities, and I think newcomers/old timers new to the system will have a very tough time with those places. I certainly did.

 

The sneaking mechanic is amazing and sneak running saves lives. However, I do have a concern/suggestion - the old sneak key, or "aim" key now, control/right click, completely takes you out of sneaking. This means, while crouched down you have to move in the direction you want to look at instead of standing still and pivoting to look. I'm not sure if this is an intended nerf on sneaking as it's pretty OP, or if sneak pivoting is something overlooked. I would think that separating right click and control keys could fix this if needed, such as right click for pivot only mode and control for the stand up and aim weapon mode.

 

Or this could be left as is, it's not really a big deal, just a quality of life opinion on the sneak mechanic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Mowz said:

The sneaking mechanic is amazing and sneak running saves lives. However, I do have a concern/suggestion - the old sneak key, or "aim" key now, control/right click, completely takes you out of sneaking.

 

If you were sneaking before you right click, you are still considered sneaking. You can verify this by checking your sneaking/nimble/lightfooted xp scores while doing it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, josko_91 said:

 

 

... Also I noticed after jumping over a fence the character just stands for like a a second after doing the action. Would be nice if it would be changed so you can move right after character has jumped over the fence!

 

The garage doors in McCoy lumber mill looks weird when you go inside. Just reporting :P

it kind of makes sense to stand still after jumping over the fence.  you are basically getting your balance back/standing up after crouching to absorb the impact.  however I'm sure tweaking needs to be done.

 

as to the garage doors, all the ones I've opened look weird from the inside.  you basically see the outlines of regular doors which is how i assume they made garage doors openable.  I assume they will either change how garage doors work in the future or will hide those outlines so they're not visible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

8 hours ago, Eggtooth said:

Hey lemmy, I appreciate changes..

 

However now there's a problem with mods that mod the burnt car wrecks. Sadly I made a mod that mods those wrecks but now it doesn't work anymore after this update as intended and keeps throwing errors in console... despite game working just fine.

 

The problem is that for example if I try to have a wreck with accessible trunk or glovebox, the game throws error about condition of these parts. I know you don't want to provide support for mods but I thought I'd point it out anyway so you could maybe give a helping hand here and possibly prevent code from checking burnt cars.

 

Now it's simply impossible to add any parts from normal cars to burnt vehicles, because wreck condition is 0% but sometimes part condition is above that when you add in burntcars.txt some parts like accessible and lootable glovebox, truck bed or trunk door. It throws this exception upon spawning, and everything seems to work, except the fact that it keeps throwing the errors in console.

 

I know this is a lot to ask, but lemmy, would you be able to exclude wrecks/burnt cars from being checked for parts condition or somehow allow it to circumvent so it doesn't throw those errors in console and just ignores the conditions? It's sorta impossible to have any mods that involve wrecks right now if they have any car parts attached. I have attached console file. Please lemmy, I'd appreciate if you could atleast give some pointers what was changed because I'd have to basically strip down my mod from some important functionality and I really wouldn't want to do that.

 

 

 

 

console.txt

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  its a new build dude, the biggest addition to the code since ever. Some mods are just not gonna work right now. Turn it off, then update it when the build is out of IWBUMS. And thanks Indie Stone, this is a great update. Loving the new survival

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...