[IWBUMS Build 41] Melee aim is not right?

Fortport

I put my cursor directly on a zombie's head and tried swinging with a lead pipe. I charged the attack prior for a few seconds, and didn't move my mouse anywhere but exactly on their face. And then I swung to the side of me instead of in front of me, and got scratched.

Edited by Fortport

You have to aim in an axonometric view, so you have to aim below them or behind them to hit them and not actually on the models. Since when you aimed at the head of the model, it actually aimed on the ground behind the model and thats why you turned when swinging. Aiming at any parts of the body doesn't have an effect right now. Except when stomping on zombies that are on the ground, make sure to stomp on their face to kill them / kill them faster.

Having to deliberately miss the Zeds with the cursor in order to hit them is a little confusing to me.

Even though I have now gotten used to this mechanic(bug) I still don't really like it.

Really hope that this gets fixed.

As it would be really cool if where you aimed actually counted for anything and was not a detriment to your character.

ie I have been bitten quite a few times now because I aimed at a Zeds head that was directionally up from my character (potentially an easy kill) only for my character to turn around (face down), turning their back to the Zed and getting bit on the neck.