Cigarettes On Corpses

scottsm

With the amount of people that smoke in the world, I find it odd that no matter how many zombies I kill there are never any cigarettes on a zombie corpse. That's slightly unrealistic.

Suggestion! Create a new pack/carton system.

Pack of smokes. You find it on a zombie. It will have x amount of cigarettes inside it. Similar with cartons. Maybe have 10% of the zombies with some small amount of cigarettes, additionally maybe about 10% of cars will have a carton. You could have them sealed and unsealed as well, so that players know if the pack has been partially smoked or not. Perhaps some of the unsealed packs contain the risk of infection due to being bled on by the zombie, so sealed packs become the item that is sought out.

I think the reason mostly due to time.
If you think 3 weeks to 3 months, cigarettes would be out in the rain for that period of time would have all gone bad.

The only "viable" cigarettes" would be found inside houses \ stores that were already looted.
I counter propose an idea that players instead be allowed to grow tobacco plants - allowing players to make cigarettes \ cigars. 

Kentucky is specifically famous for Burley ( Tabbaco ) and produces 70% of America's supply. 

I have found some smokes on zombie corpses (I took the smoker negative trait so I've been on the never ending search for smokes), although you are right they are pretty rare to find on corpses. A bit unrealistic yeah, but keeps the game challenging for people using that trait.

On 10/18/2019 at 9:49 AM, ZombieHunter said:

I counter propose an idea that players instead be allowed to grow tobacco plants - allowing players to make cigarettes \ cigars. 

If we're talking realism, wouldn't normal cigarettes be easier to find than rolling papers? It would be really cool if we could get a pipe though.

But there is already cigarettes on zombies and in cars, what I find pretty stupid is not to find a lighter or matches on zombies having cigarettes, maybe not finding it all the time because they could lost the lighter/matches sure... But having cigarettes without a way to light them is like having a gun without a mag