Build 41 Some Professions don't save

Kalista

Been tinkering around with the beta branch and tried to use the burglar profession only to not get its skilled once im done making my character nor does it show in the info screen after i started that i picked it. Seems to be acting as if i picked unemployed each time. No mods running for the game

edit: just happend after picking burger flipper as well might be random on any of them screen shots to show what i mean

20191017135118_1.thumb.jpg.df4e92078e0361b8bc26483a3063cb50.jpg

20191017135122_1.jpg

edit2: I may of found something that goes along with it i just picked the police officer and went to where i can chose how they look hit random once could no longer pick the police specific clothing started the game and the that happend shows no professions and 0 skills.

Edited by Kalista

After noticing the same problem I tested Kalista's theory about randomizing the character and it seems to have an influence indeed.

My Tests:
1) I picked Lumberjack and didn't change anything on the looks of my character - had all perks ingame and my profession as Lumberjack was shown.

2) I picked Lumberjack and randomized my appearance a few times - it did NOT show my profession as Lumberjack ingame, but I did have the Axeman perk.

3) Test with Burglar - Same as in 1) and 2), when I randomized my appearance I did not have a profession ingame and no extra skillpoints.

Some issues with save files have already been tracked down to people still using mods despite asked him not to in the the release post.

Could you double-check that they are disabled? Even if you think they should work fine or won't have any impact, they need to be off.

44 minutes ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Some issues with save files have already been tracked down to people still using mods despite asked him not to in the the release post.

Could you double-check that they are disabled? Even if you think they should work fine or won't have any impact, they need to be off.

I double and triple checked that all mods are off and verified the game files with the same results of the professions going wonky when i did as i said above with it seeming to be somewhat tied to hitting the random appearance button a few times

8 hours ago, Kalista said:

I double and triple checked that all mods are off and verified the game files with the same results of the professions going wonky when i did as i said above with it seeming to be somewhat tied to hitting the random appearance button a few times

You're right.

Chose continue after death and hit randomize a few times, when spawned lost my Carpentry profession.

Intentionally died, continued, didn't hit randomize, when spawned i retained Carpentry profession.

P.S.  no mods installed.

Edited by JayM