Aiming & Walking

M2xim

I'm not sure if this is a bug or something, i do like that added weight to movements and everything. But every time i try to look behind me while walking in the opposite direction, my character just start turning and walking in the direction i aim at, it kindda feel like i'm doing a U-turn driving a car more than a human being just watching over my back. This would make sense if i was actually sprinting or at least jogging, but i had some scary moments where i avoided cheap deaths just by a hair because i wanted to look back at what was following me while walking around.

I also had to remap some keys, not sure if it was because of me. It could because i remember remaping E and space bar on the old build, but the talent screen was opening every time i clicked on C to sneak. I'm just saying it because i truly can't remember that i ever used or remapped C or T.

Everything else is pretty nice actually, i like it all and it feels alot more realistic, sneaking around is a great addition. 

I have 2 questions if anyone read this; 
First i'd like to know how long will we have to wait until you bring back MP? I never played on MP servers but i actually enjoy inviting friends in my game and i kept annoying them with this update, can't wait to tell them it's time to join me.

Second one is about climbing high fences, pretty sure i heard a streamer talking about the ability to do it now, but i didn't manage to do it the only time i tried. I didn't really spend much time trying because i had tons of zeds following me lol. Is there a special key for it? Do i need to sprint or i should've been able to do it just by jogging toward it?

So much this. even up to a decent pace jog in real life you can turn into running backwards or looking left or right with ease. when im playing PZ im constantly holding Ctrl to look around so when i have to stop dead then roleplay as a van to look behind me it feels really janky. Love everything else ive tried so far and the weight to character movement does feel good but in some areas mostly moving indoors and turning it needs a lot of tightening up for sure.

also if op reads this i m pretty sure you need to sprint or jog at a high fence to auto vault it but i havent tried it yet so im not 100%, and i doubt devs even know when MP is coming back prob in a month or two when the build is less buggy and more thinngs have been added to it.

also it seems like you are unable to look around while crouched, probably something devs know about but feels really bad right now needing to stand up to look behind you, and if you hold w and use Ctrl to look left then right then left right etc the character walks in all sorts of directions, PZ is such a realistic game but that really breaks my immersion

Edited by azaindahouse

I had the same problem with the 'c' sneak key so I re-mapped it over the sprint key (removed the sprint hotkey) and selected the double-tap jog for sprint option.

Fences are easy,

Face fence, hold 'e' down (or the key you have mapped to open doors) until they are climbing over.

May need to try it a few times as some times the character will fail and fall back down on the original side.