Scratches/Lacerations should not cause Zombification

Dantman40

I have seen every episode of TWD and FTWD as well as all the Romero movies. I have never seen anyone Zombified by anything other than a bite. This is true of every other Zombie movie I can think of. There should at least be an option to make Zombification bite only. Of course scratches and lacerations could cause ordinary, non Zombifiying injuries 

I also think scratches shouldn't infect you, but lacerations probably should. Now that armor is in the game, it should be possible to totally remove the threat of scratches and lacerations in general; only bites should still be a threat, and your character should be able to remove the threat of a single zombie biting you from the front (using their Guard skill). Zombies catching you off-guard and groups of zombies should be what you fear in the late game.  Eventually other survivors will be your main threat as the zombie population is reduced (because they disperse into other nearby counties), so armor will be much less useful.

Whatever TWD or Romero does in that regard doesn't really change that you're being mauled by a feral, animated corpse that spreads its infection through its blood and saliva.  I do think you're mis-remembering, though as the common trend in both series tends to be the idea that everyone is infected and that being dead is the turn. The bite just gets you there quicker and makes for good on-sceen action.

Not a concept I like, but then it'd be hard to have a zombie apocolypse if it literally spread like rabies, wouldn't it?

19 hours ago, trombonaught said:

Still, I AM having trouble recalling movie lore that supports a scratch-born infection.

I can't think of any Romero-esque zombie movie/show/comic, but 28 Days Later style requires even LESS than a scratch.  Just a single drop of blood in the wrong place (eye, mouth, open wound, etc).

2 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Not a concept I like, but then it'd be hard to have a zombie apocolypse if it literally spread like rabies, wouldn't it?

Also 28 Days Later.

Archived