IWBUMS day 1 patch released!

lemmy101

Forgot to increment the version number and we have reduced devs today due to OMG FINALLY rest time, so forgive the lack of version change.

– Rebuilt jassimp64.dll with statically-linked c++ library (removes dependency on msvcp140.dll).
– Fixed exception in MouseState with 2-button mouse.
– Fixed lua error with climb-through-window context-menu command.
– Fixed solidtrans objects next to windowframes-without-windows being solid.
– Removed 3D-models and 3D-corpses options to fix invisible zombie bodies.
– Removed AutoZombieManager.java which adjusted the number of 3D models based on performance.
– Fixed exception with “New Roof-Hiding” = No option that causes black screen outside.
– Fixed “welcome to build 41” being off-center.
– Possibly fixed rainbow-colored bodies on Mac OS.
– Possibly fixed failure to load bob/bob_idle animation on Windows using the Turkish (and potentially other) locales.

So far, all's been good. I've been just driving around in a van, gathering stuff and trying all the clothes. I've only encountered 3 bugs:

1- Some car parts (tires, seats, suspension) have botched durability; they say 10/10 condition and when you install them, they only have 10% condition which is particularly troublesome on tires.

2- Some minor clothing accessories (neckties, bowties, etc) show on the wrong layer; you can only see them if you're completely shirtless (which I won't deny is funny)

3- The Reloading Skill doesn't seem to increase; so far I've been using a 9mm pistol, reloading its magazines like they did in the Streams, but the skill does not go up at all (not even one point) .

I haven't gotten into base building yet, but so far that's it, and it's a damn good start (specially with how the combat keeps me on my toes)

I love the new build, it's the Project Zomboid I've always dreamt of. I only encountered 3 bugs/issues this far.

1. The new climbable high fences don't have any kind of wall hiding, making it incredibly difficult to kill zombies that are next to them. (Also made me die once :P)
  2. When climbing over a high fence, the zombies following you immediately know how to maneuver around it to get to you, instead of standing there clueless as they should. 
  3. The zombie respawning seems to be a little insane. I've played on the Survivor playstyle and blocked off this house using cars - https://map.projectzomboid.com/#0.33232543080510524,0.277089491351907,341.82189187166824. After returning from a little looting trip (3 hours of Ingame time) I saw a bunch of zombies inside the blocked off area. The only way they could've gotten in was by spawning. I get that the game wouldn't recognize the area as blocked off, but for them to respawn in such a short time is a bit insane :D. 
Edited by Berries

First of all, congratulations and thanks to the Zomboid project team for this update.

Personally, I thought it would be extremely difficult to convert zombies to a 3D model without a significant decrease in framerate. But you did it.  And it's stable for me: I placed a police car with a siren activated inside the prison fence, I was surrounded by several hundred zombies producing many lags, but the game didn't crash. It took me an hour to get out (I was in ghost mod).
But after a nutritional system so precise that people who are controlling their weight could be advised to buy the game, adding cars for even more fun and realism, a sophisticated weather system and now the famous 3D models so waited by the community and so on, all this in order to improve immersion by constantly being more realistic, so why cars do not burn. I know you have spent a lot of energy and time updating the cars and I can understand how hard it is to watch them explode, but a fucking car surrounded by fire must burn.

Best regards and keep going...

(Tested with i8700k 32Go SSD1Go GTX 1080 working on Windows 10 PRO)

When starting a new game with CustomSandbox option, the "Zombie Count" under "Population" and "Population Multiplier" under "Advanced Zombie Options" do not match up.

The tooltip for "Population Multiplier" shows: Set by the "Zombie Count" population option. 4.0 = Insane, 2.0 = High, 1.0 = Normal, 0.35 = Low, 0.0 = None.

However, when changin the "Zombie Count" option and then checking the "Population Multiplier" after each change, the values change like this:

"Zombie Count" - "Population Multiplier"

Insane - 4.0

Very High - 2.0

High - 1.0

Normal - 0.35

Low - 0.0

None - no value, field border is red

10 hours ago, lemmy101 said:

Forgot to increment the version number and we have reduced devs today due to OMG FINALLY rest time, so forgive the lack of version change.

– Rebuilt jassimp64.dll with statically-linked c++ library (removes dependency on msvcp140.dll).

I've been asleep, when did ya'll switch to c++? I seem to recall Zomboid being a Java Creation.

(MacOS, Survivor)

1. Rainbow Mac zeds (and similar problem on player character when particular clothing was warn) fixed! Thanks!

2. Indoor building lighting doesn't work- but lamps/lampost work fine indoors.

3. Shoving zeds- after a couple days of playing, not being able to more than one zed at a time feels a little much. I wonder if defaulting to a half-strength, dual shove would be a fair (and perhaps, still realistic) balance.

4. Movement (welcome to disregard until movement comments are being accepted)- Movement in general already feels more natural, except for turns at more than 45 degrees. After some experimental apartment dancing, I think the radial arc of movement is a little too cumbersome- we can turn on the spot with relative ease by keeping one foot in place while the other swings to a 180 orientation (taking our torso with it). Having the character do a little semi-circle dance to turn 180 feels too inefficient (and dangerous!).

5. LOVING being able to see models for all of the various bits and bobs I want to whack zeds with!

6 hours ago, UziGG said:

Hey  buddy S.a you definitely need to license, windows because  I had the same problem  I'm writing you step by step what you need to do.

1 -  Set the default language setting to English and restart the computer.

2-   Delete to >>>  My computer / Local disc C: / Users / "xxxYournamexxx" / Zomboid << delete this folder.

3 -  Check that no mode is enabled for zomboid on Steam

4 -  Verify file on Steam

And it's done bro, I can play use these methods right now hopefully they will release a patch for the turkish language soo.

Hadi bakalım.

Abi türk olduğunu yeni fark ettim, pardon ingilizce tam yazamadıysam.

Dediklerini bire bir yaptım, çalışıyo vallaha, çok sağol abi.

Thanks.