While crouching, holding right-click to look around stand you up.

Quoken

On 10/16/2019 at 11:56 PM, Quoken said:

While crouching, holding right-click to look around stand you up.
no good

I disagree, it looks quite realistic. I had an instance, where I was crouching behind a car with a zed on the other side. By looking around with right mouse button it looked like my survivor was peeking over the car.

If smaller/lower objects (like cars, fences, etc.) would block line of sight while crouching, this could be a really good game mechanic. Think of peeking over the fence to see what the zeds are up to before making your move. Or think of crouching up to a window and instead of automatically looking through, we would have to either stand up, or 'look' inside with right mouse button.

For looking around while remaining in a crouched position, I would wish for a 'look around' mechanic that doesn't put us into a combat stance...

That could be easily fixed by making either ctrl or right mouse button be a "change vision direction to this point" button, where you just turn your character's vision to that direction instead of both being "aiming/stealth".

For now, a simple change in vision would be more than ok, even if the character's head doesnt turn (no need for animations) and he keeps on moving normally on the direction of your keyboard presses.

But I would love being able to peek around corners... :D