PUBLIC IWBUMS BETA - BUILD 41 RELEASED - Animations!

Batsphinx

6 hours ago, ilikecaterpillars said:

It's probably best, if anyone does get issues, to delete your options.ini file and validate game files on steam.

I had an issue where everything turned black whilst outside a house, but after doing that, it seems to work now. xXx

FYI... tried removing the options.ini first, and my game got stuck on loading... Copied the ini file back, and it loaded.... Per another thread, Enigma said the fix for black screen is to turn [ON] the ROOF HIDING OPTION... and that worked for me.

Not sure if you guys want the bugs on this thread, or a bunch of individual ones on the Bugs area... 

Another FYI, first time I climbed through a broken window after clearing the glass, it crashed to desktop... Not sure where it starts or ends...  On reload, climbed through fine.

ERROR: General, 1571266895842> ExceptionLogger.logException> Exception thrown java.lang.NullPointerException at IsoMovingObject.getVectorFromDirection line:422.
ERROR: General, 1571266895855> DebugLogStream.printException> Stack trace:
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at zombie.iso.IsoMovingObject.getVectorFromDirection(IsoMovingObject.java:422)
        at zombie.characters.IsoGameCharacter.setDir(IsoGameCharacter.java:5208)
        at zombie.ai.states.ClimbThroughWindowState.execute(ClimbThroughWindowState.java:121)
        at zombie.ai.StateMachine.update(StateMachine.java:190)
        at zombie.characters.IsoGameCharacter.updateInternal(IsoGameCharacter.java:8606)
        at zombie.core.profiling.AbstractPerformanceProfileProbe.invokeAndMeasure(AbstractPerformanceProfileProbe.java:60)
        at zombie.characters.IsoGameCharacter.update(IsoGameCharacter.java:8254)
        at zombie.characters.IsoPlayer.lambda$update$40(IsoPlayer.java:1869)
        at zombie.core.profiling.AbstractPerformanceProfileProbe.invokeAndMeasure(AbstractPerformanceProfileProbe.java:60)
        at zombie.characters.IsoPlayer.update(IsoPlayer.java:1861)
        at zombie.iso.IsoCell.ProcessObjects(IsoCell.java:2429)
        at zombie.iso.IsoCell.updateInternal(IsoCell.java:5122)
        at zombie.iso.IsoCell.update(IsoCell.java:5066)
        at zombie.iso.IsoWorld.updateInternal(IsoWorld.java:2976)
        at zombie.iso.IsoWorld.update(IsoWorld.java:2901)
        at zombie.gameStates.IngameState.updateInternal(IngameState.java:1491)
        at zombie.gameStates.IngameState.update(IngameState.java:1232)
        at zombie.gameStates.GameStateMachine.update(GameStateMachine.java:101)
        at zombie.GameWindow.logic(GameWindow.java:279)
        at zombie.GameWindow.frameStep(GameWindow.java:624)
        at zombie.GameWindow.run_ez(GameWindow.java:554)
        at zombie.GameWindow.mainThread(GameWindow.java:422)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
LOG  : General, 1571266899891> reanimate: saved 0 zombies
LOG  : General, 1571266900025> STATE: exit zombie.gameStates.IngameState
LOG  : General, 1571266900038> 1571266900038 znet: UpdateRichPresenceConnectionInfo
LOG  : General, 1571266900053> 1571266900053 znet: UpdateRichPresenceConnectionInfo: status=, connect=
ERROR: General, 1571266900070> java.lang.NullPointerException
ERROR: General, 1571266900088>  at zombie.iso.IsoMovingObject.save(IsoMovingObject.java:663)
ERROR: General, 1571266900100>  at zombie.characters.IsoGameCharacter.save(IsoGameCharacter.java:5354)
ERROR: General, 1571266900112>  at zombie.characters.IsoPlayer.save(IsoPlayer.java:1023)
ERROR: General, 1571266900124>  at zombie.vehicles.VehiclesDB.updateLocalPlayerInt(VehiclesDB.java:1541)
ERROR: General, 1571266900136>  at zombie.vehicles.VehiclesDB.savePlayersToDB(VehiclesDB.java:459)
ERROR: General, 1571266900151>  at zombie.vehicles.VehiclesDB.process(VehiclesDB.java:547)
ERROR: General, 1571266900166>  at zombie.iso.WorldStreamer.threadLoop(WorldStreamer.java:533)
ERROR: General, 1571266900180>  at zombie.iso.WorldStreamer.lambda$create$0(WorldStreamer.java:565)
ERROR: General, 1571266900195>  at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Oct 16, 2019 4:01:40 PM zombie.iso.sprite.IsoSprite renderCurrentAnim
SEVERE: null
        at zombie.iso.sprite.IsoDirectionFrame.getTexture(IsoDirectionFrame.java:79)
        at zombie.iso.sprite.IsoSprite.renderCurrentAnim(IsoSprite.java:907)
        at zombie.iso.sprite.IsoSprite.render(IsoSprite.java:770)
        at zombie.iso.sprite.IsoSprite.render(IsoSprite.java:587)
        at zombie.characters.IsoGameCharacter.renderShadow(IsoGameCharacter.java:7036)
        at zombie.iso.IsoCell.RenderTiles(IsoCell.java:851)
        at zombie.iso.IsoCell.render(IsoCell.java:4437)
        at zombie.iso.IsoWorld.render(IsoWorld.java:2821)
        at zombie.gameStates.IngameState.exit(IngameState.java:786)
        at zombie.gameStates.GameStateMachine.update(GameStateMachine.java:105)

Untied my hair in the character window, (while wearing Hat) and turned bald... Not sure if hat has anything to do with it...

Edited by Arsenal26

Delightful experience. The gameplay feels much deeper overall and it's like playing for the first time all over again. I love the variety and atmosphere.

The main issue that has consistently stuck out to me is that controlling the character is much more of an ordeal-- It's almost like tank controls and the turning animations are really sluggish. There's also the issue of aiming changing your walking direction which has turned my attempts to glance around for danger into stumbling right at pursuers at the worst times. While I understand there are trade offs to be made from the old system, there's still definitely room for fine tuning this.

30 minutes ago, hunger john said:

The main issue that has consistently stuck out to me is that controlling the character is much more of an ordeal-- It's almost like tank controls and the turning animations are really sluggish. There's also the issue of aiming changing your walking direction which has turned my attempts to glance around for danger into stumbling right at pursuers at the worst times. While I understand there are trade offs to be made from the old system, there's still definitely room for fine tuning this.

Have to agree with you...  The aim vs movement direction has got to be an oversight... I can see no good reason to alter the result of the input for any immersion bonus... It just makes it impossible to side step into a room while keeping the muzzle pointed & ready to fire... You just end up grinding into the door frame which slows you down, making it counter intuitive to even try to be careful entering rooms.... As it stands, it's safer to run straight in.... At least your directional input is correct...

Fingers crossed that this is just an oversight, and not by design....

On that note, the momentum system.... though looks appealing for the first 10 minutes, is extremely taxing and tiresome to play...  I mean a simple task of walking through a house to look through cabinets, makes you have to pull literal U-Turns in a square space which again, sends you grinding into everything and anything nearby...  I've been testing since this afternoon, and can barely take anymore of my controller feeling like its out of calibration or something...

I wonder if this feeling will go away if the aim vs movement direction is corrected... But I don't think so, because i'm not aiming while looting through a house... and it feels like i'm pushing a shopping cart everywhere I go...

Edited by Arsenal26

Oh men, finally, RELEASED!!!

I just remember to say, (after the video of Mathas in StreamZed III, 42:15) Visible bandage, I prefer say it now, because I don't think it's in game, and because after the DL finish, I will not have the time... ^^

Thanks for the work guys (& girls)

2 hours ago, Dude90 said:

It just closes/crashes everytime i play in survivor and kingsmouth, havent tried in other difficulties.

Try this:

In Steam, right click PZ -> Properties -> Launch options -> type in -debug

This'll give us a more complete set of logs.

Then, upload the Logs.zip file from %UserProfile%\Zomboid somewhere. Then we can take a closer look.

Overall- love it!

Observations and bugs after playing through a day (disclaimer- this on MacOS, survivor):

1. Pants, jackets- only pants and shorts work, textures break on others and all attempted jackets (limbs turn to single hue of green, yellow, red, or blue)

2. Movement feels unresponsive- felt a need for faster initial acceleration, especially when accelerating at new angle of rotation, when the circle-dance also comes into play and really slows you down.

3. Zeds turn invisible on defeat. Still able to view inventories.

4. Zeds have invisible limbs, or monochrome limbs/faces (probably because they are wearing the gear mentioned above)

5. When sneaking, E opens doors but not windows. Is this new?

6. Equipped items- have no "drop" option (unequip only). Is this new? Unequip + drop feels unnecessary.

7. Cursor- Combat targeting seems out of place. Pulling grass, opening windows appears to operate at the point of the cursor rather the plane below the cursor. Seems odd to have to internalize different planes for different actions (referring to the targeting reticle that appears when sneaking/aiming). This may have always been the case, but with the importance of head stomping, it now seems problematic.

8. Lights- no effect indoors? Played around with a few settings, but nothing seemed to make a difference.

9. Blood accumulating from zed smashing appeared greeny blue on player skin and clothes. (Or maybe that's just what zed blood looks like! Nothing wrong with that!)

10. Head stomp- LOVE it. Really makes luring away zeds one by one a much quicker process- a welcome relief given the new gratifyingly dangerous threat posed by anything more than 2 zeds.

Lots of good things to say but that list is too long so... gerd jerb.

Edited by trombonaught

14 hours ago, ilikecaterpillars said:

Do we know if there's a control scheme for gamepad yet? 

I've just given it a test and worked out how to crouch and jog, but couldn't working out sprinting. Obviously, I know it's not a high priority at the moment, I was just curious. xXx

Maybe too late to answer but have you tried Holding directional buttons (WASD) and then tapping Alt?

Ha, missed the bit about Gamepad (too early in the morning :D ) So controllers have not been wired in yet, best to go with keyboard for now.

4 hours ago, trombonaught said:

Overall- love it!

Observations and bugs after playing through a day (disclaimer- this on MacOS, survivor):

1. Pants, jackets- only pants and shorts work, textures break on others and all attempted jackets (limbs turn to single hue of green, yellow, red, or blue)

2. Movement feels unresponsive- felt a need for faster initial acceleration, especially when accelerating at new angle of rotation, when the circle-dance also comes into play and really slows you down.

3. Zeds turn invisible on defeat. Still able to view inventories.

4. Zeds have invisible limbs, or monochrome limbs/faces (probably because they are wearing the gear mentioned above)

5. When sneaking, E opens doors but not windows. Is this new?

6. Equipped items- have no "drop" option (unequip only). Is this new? Unequip + drop feels unnecessary.

7. Cursor- Combat targeting seems out of place. Pulling grass, opening windows appears to operate at the point of the cursor rather the plane below the cursor. Seems odd to have to internalize different planes for different actions (referring to the targeting reticle that appears when sneaking/aiming). This may have always been the case, but with the importance of head stomping, it now seems problematic.

8. Lights- no effect indoors? Played around with a few settings, but nothing seemed to make a difference.

9. Blood accumulating from zed smashing appeared greeny blue on player skin and clothes. (Or maybe that's just what zed blood looks like! Nothing wrong with that!)

10. Head stomp- LOVE it. Really makes luring away zeds one by one a much quicker process- a welcome relief given the new gratifyingly dangerous threat posed by anything more than 2 zeds.

Lots of good things to say but that list is too long so... gerd jerb.

Gotta admit - MacOS did not receive as much love as it deserves. But it is coming :)

Some issues, however, are  likely to be more related to new controls. For example, E should open windows and doors if you're sneaking, but you need to position the char for that (also, can you open windows with E when not sneaking?). Drop when moving has been disabled. Some other issues are likely to be about new way the char moves and will take some time to get accustomed to. 

10 minutes ago, UziGG said:

Hi everyone,

I switched to this update but  game freezes on home screen freezing part "loading animations"   I deleted the game and reinstalled it  I did file verification but I still do not get results please I have been waiting for this update for a long time  how can i solve this problem, help me please :(

image.thumb.png.b4299eb9ffff6505cd0d090bc38eae8d.png

Sorry to hear this. We're aware of this and are looking into it, hang in there.

1 hour ago, Pandorea said:

Maybe too late to answer but have you tried Holding directional buttons (WASD) and then tapping Alt?

Ha, missed the bit about Gamepad (too early in the morning :D ) So controllers have not been wired in yet, best to go with keyboard for now.

Haha. No problem.

Thought as much. I thought I'd give it a quick test and to be fair, all the other controls seem to be there, just the sprinting, so it looks like it'll only need fine tuning. We were testing on split screen, which seems to work surprisingly well, considering it's not really been a priority. xXx

3 minutes ago, hunger john said:

Is firearm suicide not in yet? I remembered that one preview video so I checked the keybinds and fiddled with the controls for a while, but in the end I couldn't figure out how to stick the barrel in my mouth. 

nope that was in the old anim build before TEA redeveloped the system that led to the build you're playing. Anims exist but haven't been reimplemented into the new system. We hope for during IWBUMs

Hi, (and pardon my french)

First post here, I did not play the game for at least a year , but this new update looks so promising ! Thank you TIS !

Not sure that it's a bug or maybye i can't remember how we're supposed to heal, but everytime i get injured, right clicking on the injury in the health menu is doing nothing and I die from bleeding...

Anyone having the same issue ?