PUBLIC IWBUMS BETA - BUILD 41 RELEASED - Animations!

Batsphinx

15 hours ago, Kaixrou said:

So like why is the gun aim in the game so bad even when I am a policeman cause like if I choose that and get what 3 aiming. I should be able to shoot a zombie in the head that is literally right in front of me 90% of the time. Guns already make so much noise please give the aim a slight buff when close up at least cause that is not cool for someone that " Loves Guns. " Pls and thank you guys :D Have a good one.

Your guy is probably panicking. Take beta blockers.

[41.18 BUGs]

1. Is The TV shows will give you much less exp when you fast forward? e.g You will get 5 times when normal, but only 2 times when fast forward.
  2. When you star a recipe, the list will move to top automatically, it's very annoying!
  3. Skill will lack to upgrade auto in some time, like watching TV shows. Need to click it by player to upgrade.1327219023_SCYP@KQ_)_KHISWG)OU3A.png.7bde196a30cbc994033479590f0f55ca.png
  4. Is the spear charge attack still not work?
  5. You can sit down at any time no matter what you are doing, and won't stop the work.
  6. Already cooked food can be cook again. e.g put it in two bowls.

[Suggest]

1. Make a separate location for character clothing, it's too much now, not easy to check things in base container.
  2. It there possibly to set back to normal speed when finnish working? e.g Read a book, chopped down a tree, etc.

I don't know if anyone ever thanks the devs for doing awesome updates and bug fixes but yall are fixing some stuff I posted about, the next patch looks really good and I am super hype. Keep up the good work I can't wait to play with the running zomboids and this game is shaping up to be one of the most awesome zombie games ever in my opinion. Have a good one everybody XD Baby!

13 hours ago, Kaixrou said:

I don't know if anyone ever thanks the devs for doing awesome updates and bug fixes but yall are fixing some stuff I posted about, the next patch looks really good and I am super hype. Keep up the good work I can't wait to play with the running zomboids and this game is shaping up to be one of the most awesome zombie games ever in my opinion. Have a good one everybody XD Baby!

It's already one of the best and I'm positive it'll become the best if it's not already the case

To be honest, the game difficulty increased by a ton and so the fun of "hey lets play a few hours of PZ" decreased by alot.

Things i Liked after a few sessions of the Animations update:

The new movements, improvements like garage doors you can open now, the generall look of the game, the belt system.

I like that the 1 shot with knifes got removed, i love the new sounds...

Sometimes weapons getting stuck in the Zeds - I also like that a lot.

The Protection System with Clothing is a nice addition too. 

Unfortunately the Negative things outweigh the improvements by a lot imo.

Negative Things that stood out to me while testing are:

Looting containers with the new movement system feels incredibly weird, the character sometimes moves to the complete other side because it seems that the container selection has way more range than before - this should be fixed - it doesnt feel positivly weird.

Aiming for the Head to kill Zeds - Nice idea - but feels ultra Cluncy as it is now. Cant there be some kind of Indicator at the mouse cursor - at least if you would hit a zed or the floor? - Would improve that new addition by a lot.

New Combat/ Combat tweaks - i dont know how to call it, the main thing i want to say is - i hate not being able to engage more than 2-3 Zeds anymore. As they wont get knocked down as easy as before or sometimes even "at all". The weapons feel waaaay weaker than before - Fine with the Knife - but c'mon .. an axe to the head still is an axe to the head, same with shovels... Zeds should get knocked down by a 2 Handed swing of that - thats not unrealistic.

Using weapons 2 Handed feels like using a 2-handed weapon with 1 hand before.

The damage of 2-Handed Combat should make up for not being able to carry a second bag.

The game feels way harder, but not really in the right way, and it doesnt really feel like that changing any settings in the sandbox system make much of a difference (if you dont make zeds generally one-shot-kills and decrease their population to almost 0.

What would i do to change / what would i want to enjoy the game as i enjoyed it before?

I'd like to have a way to  toggle the Movement-Momentum (or whatever you would call it) on/off in my settings.

A Indicator on the new Cursor if you at least hit the Zed on the Floor.

Using the Circle coming withing the new Cursorthing to actually Aim would be a good way, but you'd have to restrict the range of it to the Range of the Weapon - which would be another big improvment.

Balancing the Power of certain weapons properly - 2-Handed-Combat should not feel punishing. At the moment theres actually not really any benefit to using anything 2 Handed except of the Range. The drawback of not being able to carry a second bag should be at least somewhat negated by having more power.

Playing 1 Handed just feels way better at the moment, as there is seemingly not much difference in Damage beween the Axe and the Hand Axe.

Resumee:

Realism and "better graphics" got added - a lot of the fun things got removed for it.

I always reccommend the game to other ppl i know - if build 41 stays like this i can not do that anymore, which is kinda sad.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/11/2019 at 7:03 PM, Komodo21 said:

Looting containers with the new movement system feels incredibly weird, the character sometimes moves to the complete other side because it seems that the container selection has way more range than before - this should be fixed - it doesnt feel positivly weird.

This is because the pivot point of the character has changed as I highlighted in a previous post.  It's no longer on the center of the character/sprite like it once was.  It's now offset in a way so that the character steps forward when you turn left or right.  The character walks in an arc instead of simply turning on a single pivot point.  This is my single biggest gripe with this update.

27 minutes ago, mastice said:

This is because the pivot point of the character has changed as I highlighted in a previous post.  It's no longer on the center of the character/sprite like it once was.  It's now offset in a way so that the character steps forward when you turn left or right.  The character walks in an arc instead of simply turning on a single pivot point.  This is my single biggest gripe with this update.

And it was fixed last week.

The post is from the 11th.

• 2 weeks later...

It would be nice to have a 'peek' feature when looking out windows with a curtain or sheet. I created a hideout in the upstairs area of a house and wanted to look outside before sleeping at night and I turned off the light and opened the curtain and a group of 7 - 10 zombies across the street saw me and swarmed the house and I got killed.

• 1 month later...
On 11/29/2019 at 12:17 PM, EnigmaGrey said:

And it was fixed last week.

The post is from the 11th.

Great!  TBH I haven't played the game at all in the last month or so.  Haven't even logged in here to read this message until now.  Thanks for the heads up!  Will definitely check that out!

• 3 weeks later...

The best wall in Zomboid in V41.28, just tested it. the zeds dont come closer, they just stay there waiting to be shoot.

Zomboid41Walllo.jpg

Ok, first few hours today testing v41 iwbums, here what i think:

1- Finally my car lights dont break easy :).

2- Animations cool.

3- Reload magazine sucks, can i have a machine in my safehouse to auto reload magazines? And the game dont auto choose a magazine with bullets when i reload.

4- Couch + jog fun.

5- Need a adrenaline burst when my char get hurt, it get very weak in 1 second. In real life it takes some minutes for the body to get weak, well, some people even get more strong for a few minuts when they get hurt.

6- Now i can open big doors, and very fun when i open a big door just to see 10 zombies waiting for me.

7- How the zombies always bite me from behind when im carrying a big Backpack? They should rip my backpack to pieces first, or remove it from me.

Hope this help with game balance.

Keep up the good work :).

Edited by Sheltered

• 1 month later...

Loving the new beta update

I like

*how all clothing can be visually seen and looted from the zombies and how they provide wind/rain/scratch/insulation values

* seeing weapons stuck onto a zombies neck of chest, nice touch 

* being able to jump fences

* sit down

* sneak + run at the same time

* able to visually see your clothes getting ripped up and bloodied

* new belt/back system

* when you hit a zombie their glasses or hat flies off 

I would like to have the following

* sometimes I get moody (panic, anxious, sad, etc) and I don't know what causes it (would be nice to know) like a tooltip to show what caused it would be nice, maybe like somewhere in the health stat section we could have a mental health thing where you can check your mental wellbeing, eg. you panic (you just had a terrible nightmare), or nausea (you are sickened by the decaying bodies, etc)

keep up the good work!

Edited by alrighto

• 2 weeks later...

I love the updated graphics and animations. It's awesome that you can see which zombies carries backpacks and which ones knives in their back so I know which ones to go for.

The new zombies are ridiculously difficult though, especially if there are two of them on the other side of a door, then I'm almost guaranteed to get scratched or bitten a couple of times when opening it. It's impossible to run past them without getting multiple wounds.

It feels like the combat controls are very sluggish from time to time and it gets quite frustrating not being able to defend against one or two zombies. I even tried changing the settings to create a super character, tune down the damage received from zombies and I still can't survive.

I got 240 hours in this game on previous versions so I'm quite experienced. But if an experienced player can't handle the most easy settings, it's too difficult :)

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Started up my first IWBUMS game tonight. I was looking for a chill experience so chose the Builder mode. Spawned in a house with no sheets, shirts, or other items that could be made into bandages. No disinfectant, no pain killers, nor anything else with which to manage an injury. I headed out and noticed that the zombies seemed nontrivially more perceptive and maybe a little faster than I recall from my non-beta playthroughs, and spawned in clusters of 5-8 or so.

I'm so out of practice and was trying to take care to both observe for feedback, and not attract attention, that I allowed myself to get sort of cornered and overwhelmed by only two of 'em. I heard the *scratch* and knew. Still I ran...

...into a tree.

In the end, I just waited it out in my little starter house. I kept expecting to rise but didn't.

• 2 weeks later...

i literally have never done this before but i just made an account just to say that the new movement on this update is disgusting. turn speeds are NEVER good it just feels like im gliding around now its terrible.

• 11 months later...

Has anyone else had problems with Walkie-talkies being unable to transmit chat?

We can't get it either the global chat block nor the walkie-talkie chat radio to work on our ingame chat. (None of us are using voice, there's about 5 people in this game and we have tried every way we can think of to use the walkie-talkies, and before you ask, YES we are on the right frequencies, the mics are unmuted, and the power is on and a battery with charge is inserted. (Also tested with earbuds, we get the Automated Emergency Broadcasts but can't hear each other on it)

On 11/6/2019 at 8:51 PM, Kaixrou said:

So pls how do I search the full rosewood school with normal luck: no lucky or unlucky perks. Yet not a single backpack in the full school. Sorry guys pls fix this for me and put at least like 1 or 2 cause that is not realistic enough for me. XD

Probably your spawn rates are too low, there's backpacks there - just check the kid's lockers.

On 11/9/2019 at 4:30 PM, Misha said:

Already cooked food can be cook again. e.g put it in two bowls.

I guess this explains why our mystery pancakes keep ending up in the oven even after we've eaten them every day despite nobody making them.