PUBLIC IWBUMS BETA - BUILD 41 RELEASED - Animations!

Batsphinx

4 hours ago, J.E said:

Hi, it's me again..

Some small bugs I found :

- Sometime I can open windows but im not able to climb in (neither with using "E" or right click ), sometime i can't remove broken glass cause the option is not in the right click menu.

- When aiming with a firearm,  I get some strange visual  : the red "silhouet" of the Z. is bigger than the actual Z. and is not in the right position.

- When I die and go back to the menu, I can still click "continue" and I will go with the same character again, in the same starting point, but the stuff i'd take before dying aren't there anymore.

And it happen also when I quit the game without dying : I go back to my starting point and it looks like it's saving the progress (doors are already opened, stuff is not there anymore) but not my position.

Also I found some completely empty houses in Muldraugh,  there is absolutely no loot in there, every furniture is empty...

Hope that helps.

Hey, J.E,

-For the window, you have to make a move before climb in, I've notice the same thing, but you can climb in with right click directly after you opening the window ONLY if you open it with E, and just for you to know, pushing E after the window is open, looks to close the window and not climb in...

My personnal taste are, that climbing through window must work like climbing above fence, just look and walk to window after opening it then auto-climb, but it change the good old way of climbing through window and risk to induce more "accident" on broken glass (demoniac laugh ^^)

-the red silhouet is bigger than the actual Z to be seen around the Z ^^ it's normal too, but I have maybe understand wrong what you said ^^ for the position, I think it's weird... don't know what happen

-When you die, it's normal that after you come back on game, all the thing loot, take, construct, are still in map, you can even find your old character dead or in Z state, but you normally have to create a new character (who could look and be named like your dead character, but you must go through creation screen before arriving in game)

and when I load my game after I survive, I can't tell you if I have the same issue because I only survive once... and I was in my starting house when disconnect so I don't notice that.

Edited by link8dragon

8 hours ago, josko_91 said:

I don't really like the idea of splitting the game Into Survival, brawler and builder. It should all  be one balanced game rather than 3 different modes. Imagine if Dark souls did that, Easy,  medium or hard. It wouldn't be nearly as good if they did.

If you have play to his predecessor, Demon Souls (who was so much good), you will know that after you "finish" the game you are launch at the beginning of the game again with all your stuff, lvl, etc... and all ennemy were nerfed to be as challenging as you go the first time (even if you have your boosted armor and weapon, you can die in 3 punch of the very first ennemy ^^)

It's not a new game +, it's like a never-ending story, but with more and more challenge and difficulty (and you can access to some weapon only after a restart)

So no, I don't see the problem of splitting the game into 3 game mode, and if Dark Souls did that, it will avoid to have 2 & 3 so easy and money maker for no-hardgamer... their will be at least ONE true hard mode...

And like that, everyone is satisfied, you have a good "I will die" mode ^^, a good old way of playing this good old game, and a "resting" mode where you can install yourself and enjoying all the different thing game has to offer you without yelling after each Z that won't let you do your little life...

I can even imagine a way to change your game mode after the beginning of your game, don't know, maybe before loading your game, could be cool...

1 hour ago, link8dragon said:

-the red silhouet is bigger than the actual Z to be seen around the Z ^^ it's normal too, but I have maybe understand wrong what you said ^^ for the position, I think it's weird... don't know what happen

I was not able to reproduce that since I died so many time without finding any weapons... but when i say bigger it was twice the size of the Z. It was moving like him but it was in the wall behind me, and the Z was in front of me. Maybye something goes wrong with the zoom and the red silhouet was not were it's supposed to be.  (Hard to explain with my poor english, sorry)

6 minutes ago, J.E said:

I was not able to reproduce that since I died so many time without finding any weapons... but when i say bigger it was twice the size of the Z. It was moving like him but it was in the wall behind me, and the Z was in front of me. Maybye something goes wrong with the zoom and the red silhouet was not were it's supposed to be.  (Hard to explain with my poor english, sorry)

No problem,  I see what you mean, It make me thinking of something that maybe goes wrong with the blood layer that must spread on wall, I personally haven't notice that yet, but since I know I can't find ammo that come with my weapon before dying, I think that I'm too lazy of my week to succefully survive 'til their ^^ Will try again tomorrow and see what happen, but if you noticed that again, try having screenshot of that for letting the devs know what's go wrong exactelly or if it's intended (but in this case I don't think so...)

Love the new animations and can't wait to see more in the future!

Played for a few hours and after losing a few characters to readjusting to movement, I think I'm starting to get the hang of it. Game runs smooth and so far no crashes or major errors like that.

The only issue that has been present to me most is even after making a sandbox game and setting all vehicles to high condition, every single vehicle in game still has around 8-10 parts that are 6% condition at best, seems to be random on which ones aside from it's always a tire or suspension, a few body parts, a seat or two, and the battery.  The car will look pristine in game but as soon as I check it out I find out it's not even close to safe to drive without major repairs first, which is fine normally, but odd considering vehicles are supposed to be in good shape across the board according to the sandbox setting.

Aside from that, I would just like to ask for a way to either make aiming with the mouse more precise or to make the aiming line more visible from far away, even at max zoom I have a hard time seeing it among the chaos at times.

Gonna have another go at it this weekend and I'll have more time to try to break more things :) keep up the awesome work though devs!

Nice. That small update today seems to have almost fixed the U-Turn problem. It still persists when you are in sneak-mode and trying to look back though.
But with normal walking its perfect now. My life expectancy from looting buildings increased significantly.
The whole aim-system is really cool too. I never had this much fun with a shotgun before.
I love that the clothing system entices me to pick out single zombies, when I see a fancy gasmask or a big backpack on it. The whole update adds a lot of depth to the atmosphere.
Cant wait for the rest of the animations being added and finally watch my character visibly drink out of the toilet (pretty please).

First off, I have to say that I absolutely love the new animations, they feel great, play great, and the new sneaking movement, and new clothing are all amazing, can't wait for the animZed tool to be released, it is gonna be absolutely glorious, thank you to all the team for the hard work !

Now for the few little issues I have encountered had so far :

-Driving while in a big storm with puddles everywhere on the ground was absolutely murdering my frame rate (think 1sec lag every few frames). As soon as the car would stop, the framerate would come back to normal. It was in the middle of the countryside with not a single zombie around. Only solution was to pop sleeping pills and wait it out.

Not sure if this is due to the rain, or the puddles. It seemed to get way better when I got off the car and was just walking around. This is all on a mid range laptop (Nvidia Gforce GTX 1050, i7 and 16Go RAM)

-What felt like a cheap death : Opened a door in a house (no zombie was banging on it) and the instant it opened, I got bitten (no time to react at all). Maybe there should be a little delay to zombie aggro/reaction time in that particular situation ?

-In the character window, there is an option to "Untie hair" (even though my character had long hair, untied) that when clicked immediatly made my character shaved/bald. I did not even have any cutting tool in my inventory.

-Some roofs are sometime visible while inside a house

Everything else plays absolutely wonderfully, I didn't have a problem getting used to the responsiveness of the player character (I know a lot of people complain about it, wanted to ring the other bell to counterbalance) and I absolutely love the new difficulty !

Keep up the amazing work.

Unrelated, I got very excited at the deer model !

Edited by Lixo
Details on the frame rate issue

17 hours ago, J.E said:

Also I found some completely empty houses in Muldraugh,  there is absolutely no loot in there, every furniture is empty...

I'm pretty sure this is intentional, the idea is supposed to be that the occupants had packed and left/the house had already been looted.

I'm having an issue with starting the game in general. First i forgot to uninstall all my mods so i fixed that problem, but after creating a new world to explore the game crashes immediately after the game starts. It's getting really frustrating and i have no idea if its my computer as a whole or if its just a unstable branch bug.  If anyone knows how to help with this please help. i've been waiting for so long and to have it and not be able to play just sucks so much.

This new game update is absolutely the best! And I did encounter a couple of bugs that I want to report:

1. Duplicating cars - I've noticed that when I drove from one end of the same to the other, forgot food, and tried to head back I noticed the same exact car I was driving spawned on the road with everything that was in it. I can interact with the copy cat, so I know it's real.

2. Electronic Watch alarm in cars - I've also noticed you cannot turn off your electronic watch alarms within the car. I would have to get out of the car in order to turn it off because apparently my character was not in the right spot and will go to the spot needed to do it

3. Sunglasses and gas mask - Wearing gas mask was probably the best experience I had in this beta, but I noticed that if you are wearing sunglasses as well they clip through each other, making it look hella weird.

Those are the bugs I have encountered besides the amount of lag and framerate drop when puddles of water dry up from heavy storms, but I read that may be improved. It would also been nice if we could wear the bandana in different ways, like as a scarf, face mask, armband or makeshift bandage besides just a durag. Other than that I love this game!

On 10/17/2019 at 1:01 AM, lemmy101 said:

Brawler is more combat focused, closer to build 40

Survivor is the hardcore brutal mode

Builder is more a loot game, less zombies and combat but extra pressure from low loot and increased survival needs like food / water etc.

All but Survivor, and that to a lesser extent, probably need heavy balancing still tho

This is an understatement. The brawler, I understand is combat focused, but having clumps of them just within sight of each other is not making the game hard, it is rather impossible to win. Even in what used to be "quiet" places, there a tons of zoids. Even in the trees... Could use a bit of toning down. 

Edited by Bugzy
Missing Quote

1 hour ago, TheLostBigBoss said:

Is there a way to look around when sneaking without "standing up" when you use alt to scope around?

Or is that just an animation glitch/lack of extended animation states, and using sneak + alt to look doesn't actually alter your stealth status? 

EnigmaGrey answered this question in the Bug forum.  They said:

It's not really practical to fix. Players would expect to be able to fight while crouched and we don't have the resources to do that number and variety of animations to make it happen.

So you fight and look around standing up.

Biggest Bug right now is that weird problem when characters just don't save; all you did in the map stays, but your survivor is reset to the moment his spawned and all of his items are lost (as there's no corpse left) so it's officially worse than dying...

1 hour ago, Ignefolio said:

Is there a way to scale the UI on 4K resolution everything is realy small.

If no may I suggest to add this feature if possible.

Best regards

Pretty sure they'll do something about that eventually. It's just not exactly a high priority at the moment. Maybe it'll come with the Highres update that has been talked about if we're lucky.

Edited by DEATH