PUBLIC IWBUMS BETA - BUILD 41 RELEASED - Animations!

Batsphinx

21 minutes ago, J.E said:

Hi, (and pardon my french)

First post here, I did not play the game for at least a year , but this new update looks so promising ! Thank you TIS !

Not sure that it's a bug or maybye i can't remember how we're supposed to heal, but everytime i get injured, right clicking on the injury in the health menu is doing nothing and I die from bleeding...

Anyone having the same issue ?

Hve you got bandages or anything in your inventory?

42 minutes ago, J.E said:

Yep, I've got ripped clothes, and I think it's okay to use them as bandages (maybye I'm wrong?)

Are you moving when you try to heal, because you can't apply bandage when you move... or try with other bandage, you can find them on pharma

et en FR ;)

Est-ce que tu es en mouvement quand tu essaie de te soigné, parce que tu ne peux pas appliqué de bandage quand tu bouge... ou essaie avec d'autres bandages, tu peux les trouvé dans les pharma

Couple of things I've noticed, washing blood from clothes requires soap, but washing blood from bandages only requires water, shouldn't they be the same? Also Washing Machine requires no soap, I understand that it needs something to make it worth using, but maybe it could just be more efficient with the soap than washing by hand.

Also this might just be a placeholder thing, but the "remove broken glass" action looks like the character is removing the glass by hand, but you actually are required to be holding a weapon for the action to show up, indicating that the glass is actually being knocked out of the way using the weapon.

1 hour ago, Vitto4854 said:

Couple of things I've noticed, washing blood from clothes requires soap, but washing blood from bandages only requires water, shouldn't they be the same? Also Washing Machine requires no soap, I understand that it needs something to make it worth using, but maybe it could just be more efficient with the soap than washing by hand.

This mechanic is a placeholder and will be changed when sawing and repairs will be added to the game.

Just now, Pandorea said:

Are the Ripped Bandages clean? Not sure what else this can be: RMC > Bandage works fine here... 

Weird thing... It is now working, and the only thing I change was some video settings cause my laptop was having hard time. And I remember I had trouble to pick stuff and drop it in my inventory since the rick click was not doing anything neither. And now everything is fine.. Maybye I got so much lag that it make the right click ineffective ?

Weapons are now really easy to find on dead bodies, but i noticed that food is kind of rare, most of the fridges are empty !

Anyway, this game is so much immersive now, great work !

And thanks for the answers.

Great for you J.E, maybe a little a update on graphic driver can save some fps ;)

But for me, game run really nice, killing is so good with machete and aiming with shotgun is a pleasure ^^ only thing I've notice is that after opening a window (with right-click) I can't pass through it (again with right-click) if I don't make a move before, but when I open it with E I can directly go through without moving... don't know if there is a weird thing or if it's intended to avoid some listing actions with right-click, but it's really the only thing weird I noticed...

And Z eat me well, too well, they fear me again... and it's good xP

Edited by link8dragon

Put a few hours into the new IWBUMS and wanted to give some feedback on what I've experienced so far.  I chose the custom sandbox mode and used the "Two Weeks Later" preset since it seems that mode isn't on the main screen anymore.

First is the issue with closing doors.  Having put a good amount of time in the previous build, this new build seems to make closing doors harder to accomplish.  Generally, if I was very close to the door, I could right-click it to close it or hit E.  Now however, it seems much harder to do so.  I don't know if it's actually changed but I suspect the new animations make it harder to get into a viable position to accomplish this task.  It might just be a problem with me adapting to the new movements though.

Second is the music.  I'm loving the new music but it never stops playing.  Once one track is finished, another one starts up.  I'm aware I can toggle the music on or off but I don't want to do that because it adds to the overall experience, in my opinion.  I'm hoping, at the very least, that you'd consider putting a delay between when one track ends and another begins.  Also, it'd be cool if the music was situational like more tense when surrounded by zombies or when critically injured but that's just a personal suggestion and not something I'd put forward as a 'need to have' type of thing.

Last is something I'm not sure is a new feature or a bug, but it's something I feel isn't intended.  There's been a few times now where I've entered a house and zombies suddenly appear dwelling within.  For example, I was recently killed when entering a house through a window.  I approached the window and saw a single zombie standing at the foot of the staircase near where the window was so I entered and proceeded to attempt to dispatch him.  While I was engaged in combat with him, out of nowhere, three other zombies appeared out of nowhere behind him at various distances.  I could understand if something was obstructing my view but from where I was positioned, they all were well within my line of sight.  Like I said, I don't know if this is a new change or a bug (or neither) but I've never encountered something like this in the previous build so I thought I'd put it out there in case this is something others are experiencing as well.

Great build so far and I'm excited to dive in for some more.

19 hours ago, ilikecaterpillars said:

Haha. No problem.

Thought as much. I thought I'd give it a quick test and to be fair, all the other controls seem to be there, just the sprinting, so it looks like it'll only need fine tuning. We were testing on split screen, which seems to work surprisingly well, considering it's not really been a priority. xXx

I don't know if it'll work on controller, but there's an option in the key binding section that allows you to double tap the "Jog" button to sprint, instead of having to map it to an entirely different button.

I don't really like the idea of splitting the game Into Survival, brawler and builder. It should all  be one balanced game rather than 3 different modes. Imagine if Dark souls did that, Easy,  medium or hard. It wouldn't be nearly as good if they did.

I say keep Survival, have it be insanely hard like you envisioned it to be like dark souls hard and just scrap the brawler and builder modes but maybe it's best to split it like this...  time will tell!

However Im very happy that crawlers causing panic to desentized characters was finally fixed! ^__^

I expected this update a lot and I like it but don't like the mobility of the character, also if you press up and down quickly, the character does weird things.
This mobility makes it very difficult to escape or make simple movements such as closing a door.
Have a nice day.

Hi, it's me again..

Some small bugs I found :

- Sometime I can open windows but im not able to climb in (neither with using "E" or right click ), sometime i can't remove broken glass cause the option is not in the right click menu.

- When aiming with a firearm,  I get some strange visual  : the red "silhouet" of the Z. is bigger than the actual Z. and is not in the right position.

- When I die and go back to the menu, I can still click "continue" and I will go with the same character again, in the same starting point, but the stuff i'd take before dying aren't there anymore.

And it happen also when I quit the game without dying : I go back to my starting point and it looks like it's saving the progress (doors are already opened, stuff is not there anymore) but not my position.

Also I found some completely empty houses in Muldraugh,  there is absolutely no loot in there, every furniture is empty...

Hope that helps.

Edited by J.E

I like the  new loot tables in the grocery stores since they now feature better realistic loot like non perishable and canned food on the shelves even the perishable food are a lot better now with its new realistic loot tables. :)

Hello!
I have tried the new version and found some bugs or strange situations.

The fight has changed, it seems good to me, but sometimes it is difficult to aim at an objective. When the zombie has fallen and is on the ground it is difficult to hit him, and the character kicks the ground, and when he is getting up (in the process), I have received bites.

The character's movement is chaotic. It is not responsive, sometimes I want it to move in one direction and the character does the opposite and throw me against the zombies.

There is a problem with the sounds of the vehicles (at least with the vans). The sound seems to loop as if it were forcing the engine during starting. It is very unreal and it is quite annoying. If you accelerate for long enough, it seems that it sounds right, but in the city, where you can't go very fast, it sounds awful. :(
Did you changed anything on vehicles?

When I'm driving, sometimes the screen freezes when I approach buildings, and it goes blank, but the game continues. It has happened to me 4 times while driving a car and it worries me a lot. It is an important graphic error. I think it is related to the visualization of the interior of buildings or their "disappearance" when you are behind them.

I have not been able to play much more, but I congratulate you on your patch. Surely it will be amazing when you finish polishing it.

Someone probably already said something about this issue, but I'm going to say it anyway:

When moving items from one container to another, the character will sometimes move to a random direction (sometimes not even facing the containers themselves!)

Tjis also happens when i right-click to climb through a window. (Sometimes he literally climbs the air inside the house and BAM, I'm outside).

Anyway, this build is lookin' good ! Great work !

10 hours ago, Casual_Survivor said:

I don't know if it'll work on controller, but there's an option in the key binding section that allows you to double tap the "Jog" button to sprint, instead of having to map it to an entirely different button.

I'll give it a go. I must've missed that option. I'll report back if it works. Cheers! xXx

3 hours ago, Norn said:

I expected this update a lot and I like it but don't like the mobility of the character, also if you press up and down quickly, the character does weird things.
This mobility makes it very difficult to escape or make simple movements such as closing a door.
Have a nice day.

Sounds like you're using a controller? Controllers work was not included in the test build. 

3 hours ago, J.E said:

Hi, it's me again..

Some small bugs I found :

- Sometime I can open windows but im not able to climb in (neither with using "E" or right click ), sometime i can't remove broken glass cause the option is not in the right click menu.

- When aiming with a firearm,  I get some strange visual  : the red "silhouet" of the Z. is bigger than the actual Z. and is not in the right position.

- When I die and go back to the menu, I can still click "continue" and I will go with the same character again, in the same starting point, but the stuff i'd take before dying aren't there anymore.

And it happen also when I quit the game without dying : I go back to my starting point and it looks like it's saving the progress (doors are already opened, stuff is not there anymore) but not my position.

Also I found some completely empty houses in Muldraugh,  there is absolutely no loot in there, every furniture is empty...

Hope that helps.

If there is a zombie on the other side of the window, the char sometimes will not climb through or if they will, they will fall back. Could this be related?

The Character re-start bug has also been reported a number of times. The team is looking into ways of fixing that. If you want to avoid it - try not to Continue any games in the mean time.

Yes, empty houses and generally less loot are things to show that some people have cleared out and tried to leave when the Knox Event happened. 

Thank you for reports!