Sticks and rocks and such...

Morrn40

I cannot for the life of me find any sticks or rocks anywhere. Even after looking online and people said to look in wooded areas, I dont see any, nor do I see any option when I click on the ground. Furthermore, shouldnt we be able to find those things here and there in neighborhood yards? I mean, I see stuff like that all over the place in real life lol.  Anyone have any ideas?

1 hour ago, Morrn40 said:

I cannot for the life of me find any sticks or rocks anywhere. Even after looking online and people said to look in wooded areas, I dont see any, nor do I see any option when I click on the ground. Furthermore, shouldnt we be able to find those things here and there in neighborhood yards? I mean, I see stuff like that all over the place in real life lol.  Anyone have any ideas?

A mod that broke the right click menu so you can't see the forge option?

You got to forage in the wooden area by right clicking on the ground. The option indicate the percentage of findable items. You gonna find, rocks, sticks, berries and medical plants. You can choose to ignore some of those categories.

12 minutes ago, Morrn40 said:

I dont use any mods, but no I dont see any forage option. Let me go in game and check again, but Im sure Ive never seen it. EDIT: No the only options I see are "remove grass", "walk to", and "dig with hands".

It all depends on the "zone" you're in. Zones are sections of the map that have been set for certain things such as foraging, which animals you'll trap or where zombies are more likely to spawn.

The foraging option will appear if you go right click in a forest or a deep forest (the one with massive trees).

On 10/11/2019 at 11:33 AM, Morrn40 said:

I dont use any mods, but no I dont see any forage option. Let me go in game and check again, but Im sure Ive never seen it. EDIT: No the only options I see are "remove grass", "walk to", and "dig with hands".

Then you aren't far enough outside of town. Generally speaking you need to be pretty far outside of town for the forage option to even show up.

IF you did want to use a mod there is one that will let you forage "in your back yard". 

From the Author:

What this mod does:
-Allows you to forage on any natural terrain.
-Re-enables a previously lost Forage ability by calling existing game functions.
-Makes the game think you are always foraging in the Deep Forest, which means increased yields from Foraging.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1149370557&searchtext=forage 

Archived