Can this game run well on a Microsoft Surface Go?

I have the game already but I'm going to be switching over from a desktop to a laptop (as the title says the Surface Go, probably the 8 GB model). I actually found one video showcasing it, and it looks like its running at 60fps but I can't really tell. The thing is, not only does this playthrough of the demo not show an especially high count of zombies, but with the animations build coming up I have no idea how much of a hit the shown performance even in this rather tame display of the game would take.

I'm sorry for my question being so specific, but maybe someone else who plays this game uses this device? My criteria for performing well I suppose would be about 45-60fps even in high horde zones, and being able to drive cars and zoom out fully with animations.

The demo is very out of date and no longer a good representation of the system requirements for the game, unfortunately, so it's hard to say.

I think you'll probably have lower FPSes due to the 1.6 GHz dual-core processor in the Surface pro. Ideally, you'd want something around 2.4 GHz and a quad-core. The lower resolution may not make up for the fact that the game is heavily multithreaded at this point. 

You can always buy the game on Steam once animations release into the test branch and, so long as it's done before 2 hours are played, return it if it does not work (it's automatic after submitting the application). That'll give you the clearest answer.

8 minutes ago, EnigmaGrey said:

The demo is very out of date and no longer a good representation of the system requirements for the game, unfortunately, so it's hard to say.

I think you'll probably have lower FPSes due to the 1.6 GHz dual-core processor in the Surface pro. Ideally, you'd want something around 2.4 GHz and a quad-core. The lower resolution may not make up for the fact that the game is heavily multithreaded at this point. 

You can always buy the game on Steam once animations release into the test branch and, so long as it's done before 2 hours are played, return it if it does not work (it's automatic after submitting the application). That'll give you the clearest answer.

Thanks! Already have the game, new laptop is what I'm in the market for. Something portable that I can use at university. Helpful nonetheless, I'll keep on the lookout.

Archived