Some issues with questions

Tsithlis

For some reason I cannot post of the suggestions forum so I thought I would post here in an attempt to get some info and perhaps make some QOL suggestions.

Photo1: Why can I not paint this wall? For some reason every time I attempt to paint this wall it tried to either paint the wall in the next room or a wall downstairs (I tried literally close to every pixel of this wall). There is another room behind the wall and it always tries to paint that room's walls instead.

Photo2: Same problem. I get that they are at the top of the stair but being unable to paint them is really ruining my wall here :P especially considering I could paint every wall behind the staircase even though I could not walk through the staircase.

Photo3: Why can I not paint walls that I have created?

Photo4: Please let me pin these things to the top of the screen. My monitor is 4K and I cannot seem to run the game at a lower resolution without it messing the game up. This means that the scroll bar on the side of the window is so tiny I can barely grab it (I am disabled and use a trackball and there is no scroll wheel on the types that I use). Way to often when I attempt to scroll down it just grabs the window and moves it instead.

Photo5: I would really like to paint these walls as well.

Photo6: Why can I not destroy the wall on the right without destroying the wall in the middle? If I destroy both walls, I will have to put back a player built wall that cannot be painted.

Most of the online play that I see in the game is a rover game style where people move around from place to place trying to survive or make a small bolt hole safehouse. I play a more apocalyptic hoarder style. I enjoy finding the largest safe house that I clear, and then wander the world finding things that I can use to make my house look cooler and things that can help me survive. I then take to trying to survive with farming, fishing, and foraging. Is there a plan to make the game more "builder" friendly or is the game moving very much towards a just wander around till you die style? I have watched the new videos that seem to be moving the game into a "can't fight zombies at all" style which seems to be moving the game into a just play for 20 mins then die from a bite style game. I watched nearly 8 hours of the new build and I don't think any of the characters that were made lasted even a full 24 in game hours (I understand they are doing a lot on a stream and that may have had a lot to do with it), but this kind of playstyle seems like its going to get boring super fast. I really don't feel like playing the game for 30 minutes to an hour and then makeing a new character is going to be very fun. The game has a very in depth system of professions, skills, and traits, but what difference do any of those things make if you don't have time to progress or explore any of it?

20191008024245_1.jpg

20191008024254_1.jpg

20191008024327_1.jpg

20191008024454_1.jpg

20191008024503_1.jpg

20191008132725_1.jpg

What is the issue you are running into running it lower than 4k? I ask because if it's the opens in a small window at 1080 thing, then it's as simple as going to the .exe, clicking properties and navigating to the advanced DPI settings and disabling DPI scaling to fix it. If it's anything else I'm unsure of a fix.

I tried that. It was the first suggestion when I googled how to fix problems with the game (At first my mouse would not show up in game when I fullscreened the game). But if I run the game at any resolution other than 4k it shrinks the window to the new resolution, then distorts the game out of the new window. Also if I mess with any of the video settings, I will lose the mouse again until I mess around with it for 15-20 minutes trying to get it to fullscreen again.

8 hours ago, Tsithlis said:

I tried that. It was the first suggestion when I googled how to fix problems with the game (At first my mouse would not show up in game when I fullscreened the game). But if I run the game at any resolution other than 4k it shrinks the window to the new resolution, then distorts the game out of the new window. Also if I mess with any of the video settings, I will lose the mouse again until I mess around with it for 15-20 minutes trying to get it to fullscreen again.

Well that is just strange. Disabling the DPI scaling was all I had to do to solve the resolution thing. Did you also try a total wipe and reinstall and try again? If none of that works you may want to make an actual bug report. I'm not sure what info they might need, but maybe dropping your command log in the report would help. 

2 hours ago, DEATH said:

Well that is just strange. Disabling the DPI scaling was all I had to do to solve the resolution thing. Did you also try a total wipe and reinstall and try again? If none of that works you may want to make an actual bug report. I'm not sure what info they might need, but maybe dropping your command log in the report would help. 

Windows keeps changing it with each update, so it's hard to figure out which one is the correct setting.

In this case, the wrong setting was selected. 

(Not sure which one is the right one now. Will have to double-check later if someone else can't figure it out.)

20 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Windows keeps changing it with each update, so it's hard to figure out which one is the correct setting.

In this case, the wrong setting was selected. 

(Not sure which one is the right one now. Will have to double-check later if someone else can't figure it out.)

Ah, makes sense. When I get a minute I'll see what I can find out too.

also remember that what was shown of the new build so far was done on purpose to show the differences; the devs even said that there are gonna be 3 playstyle usable in sandbox (survivor, which is the standard one; fighter, with combat more like build 40; builder, for people that like to build :D ).

Wouldn't worry much about the playstyle in build 41 :)

Archived