Next update

LegionDiablo

I'm not asking for relese date or anything like that. Take your time on that part.

I am more interested in patch notes or something like that. The list of all the changes or new items and or locations that are added to the game? Like I heard there are lots of new weapons. So is there  a list? :)

Patch notes have still to be compiled, its been such a long haul and a lot of the patch notes relate to stuff that's of no relevance to people (bugs that were added, found and fixed in anim build) so we're probably just going to have to compile as much as we can close to release day.

Well in the Streams i saw a new Pistol the 1911. Also there was Ammo for Revolvers (.38/.357/.44)

Also we already saw a M16 Style rifle.

In a way earlier video from a thursdoid we saw. Bayoneted guns, double barreld shotguns and a Mini 14 i think.

4 hours ago, LegionDiablo said:

Why?

There are numerous reasons, but foremost of them is the legality of using named weapons. A mod can get away with it most of the time, but it's a violation of the trademark unless the devs specifically make a deal with the weapon manufacturers.
This is why the weapons in the game are generic versions.

9 hours ago, Okamikurainya said:

There are numerous reasons, but foremost of them is the legality of using named weapons. A mod can get away with it most of the time, but it's a violation of the trademark unless the devs specifically make a deal with the weapon manufacturers.
This is why the weapons in the game are generic versions.

Oh that makes sens. Thank you for explaning.

I always found it strange that using the name of a gun isn't all that common in games, but using the likeness of a gun is absolutely common. Often with little to no change on it's physical appearance. 

It's weird how one way is acceptable, but the other is not.

7 hours ago, BoogieMan said:

I always found it strange that using the name of a gun isn't all that common in games, but using the likeness of a gun is absolutely common. Often with little to no change on it's physical appearance. 

It's weird how one way is acceptable, but the other is not.

I think it's because there's only so many ways a gun can actually be designed, if they tried to enforce copyright all the gun makers would end up in a never-ending legal battle with each other.

Also for example the design of the "1911" pistol is now 108 years old. While a name like Wilson Combat is copyrighted.

Also there is not only one pistol that looks like a Beretta 92. Taurus got the license to make pistols similar to the beretta 92.

These are probably some reasons why there is a problem with using the name but not the look.

Keep in mind that games sell a lot of guns. So gun manufacturers actually benefit from having a gun in a game resembling their model, while they have plausible deniabilty for the game not using their brand name.

Archived