The Indie Stone Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MrBlue

Limb Amputation

Once the animations build releases, there will be some accompanying tools released. If it will be possible to change and add new models to the game, would it be possible to mod in limb amputation?

For controlling how players interact with the world without limbs, there are trait mods that add impairments to the player character, like having one arm and not being able to equip a secondary slot item, or having speed significantly reduced with one leg (as well as making these areas invulnerable to future infection/injury) so this side of things should be possible.

(Additionally with the ability to fall in this new build, I’m guessing you could make the possibility of zombies knocking you over have a much higher chance)

Then for actually eliminating the infection, I’m pretty sure healing players in the console can eliminate the infection, so I imagine it wouldn’t be difficult to create a way for the infection state to be reset while also maintaining the previous health.

All that would remain would be fixing things model-wise and adding crutch or prosthetic animations.

Btw I don’t know shit about coding or modding so everything I’ve said may also just be near impossible to add to the game, I really have no idea I’m just making a lot of assumptions based on what’s already in the game and things like AnimZed that have been teased.

On 10/6/2019 at 6:34 AM, MrBlue said:

would it be possible to mod in limb amputation?

interact with the world without limbs,

impairments to the player character, like having one arm and not being able to equip a secondary slot item

speed significantly reduced with one leg

Perma-Death is pretty hardcore.... but this is just cruel.... I like it...  

Cutting off a bitten limb to prevent infection is a widely accepted practice in most zombie lore i've come across. Add frying pan to the Trauma kit to cauterize nubs.  ohhh..... tourniquet too, so we don't bleed out before we find a suitable hacksaw or axe...

2 hours ago, Arsenal26 said:

Add frying pan to the Trauma kit to cauterize nubs.

I understand adding amputation would be a pain and a lot of work, but I just wanted to say I love the idea of having to put a frying pan empty on the stove then its when its hot putting it to your bloody stump (civil war style!)