Camping car/Caravan and trailer for Nomadic Gameplay

CTN Phaco

Hi! So before i talk about this idea i have to say  i've been trying to play as a nomadic survivor and this is what i've experienced so far:

Pros: 

- Exploration: (almost) no maintenance (gardening, carpentry, metalworking, you can forget about this stuff if you want to). You are not tied to your base.

- Improvise: This is the magic of this lifestyle. Each day isn't the same just because the place you are in is different. Instead of building i just grab some furnitureS and block the doorway where i want to sleep.

Cons:

- Low carrying capacity: Especially with feeble and disorganized traits. 

- When electricity is gone: If you want to use a heat source, you have to carry 2.0 of campfire materials or to build a campfire each time you want to use it.

And now the idea is... The CAMPING CAR!

You could say "But we can't render tiles in a 3D model that's weird!"

I would just answer: Nope! Let's just imagine you have tons of crates and you are close to it. You can access these containers in a list! Another example: Fridges. You can access both the "normal" part and the freezer.

So why not having a list of different containers at your disposal in your camping car? This way there is no need to render the inside of the vehicle!

One Heat Source, a Fridge (maybe a freezer),  2 cupboards or so.

Of course you will have to use more gas to maintain such a cool thing (assuming the fridge and the heat source aren't powered by electricity only. Otherwise, battery charger could be used with a generator).

I would also suggest we can sleep better in this type of vehicle because maybe there is a bed in it so you don't have the debuff for sleeping in a bad place (like a chair for example).

Maybe the containers and the bed could be defined by the type of camping car. (Standard model, premium, ... You know, like radio and TV "tech levels")

Cons:

- Vehicles make some noise but you can fix that a bit with some mechanic skills.

- Requires more fuel. (and maybe eletricity depending on the vehicle type which can be provided by a generator)

Pros: 

- Gives waaayyyyy more possibilities for a nomadic gameplay or travels away from the base.

Conclusion:

I think this kind of vehicle/gameplay could give a bunch of possibilities in term of gameplay (and The Walking Dead Fans could like it!)

It would also make some traits much more interesting such as Mechanics and Electrician. 

Bonus: We could do the same with a caravan! We would attach it to a vehicle or use a little trailer to store some items! :)

What do you think about this? If you have some more suggestions about this, feel free to talk about it! :)

Hmmm i think it's a bit tricky to implement that kind of stuff. Vehicles are not necessary fitting correctly into a 2x1 tiles.

What would be the point of having the vehicle parked exactly on a tile? If the inside of the vehicle is not rendered, then i don't see the point. On the other hand, if it's rendered yes that could be a nice thing (but tricky i guess)!

But maybe we could just take some furnitures out of the camping car, though.

Edited by CTN Phaco

• 2 months later...

I like the idea of a camping car. Especially for Multiplayer game play when you might log on and want to travel to another area to play with others. 

Like the OP said with having a couple of containers within the vehicle would be a very feasible option. As you get vehicles with over 100 capacity, it wouldn't be game breaking to have a 10 capacity freezer, 20 capacity fridge and a 50 capacity cupboard. You could use the box van values for the base vehicle and just remodel it. Additionally you can add a 3rd "seat" in the back for when accessing the rear door (assuming it's a camper van), for the fridge/freezer just increase the power drain on the vehicle battery. Like in the Real World there are leisure batteries that better suited to the demand, adding them to the game with a higher capacity but making them exclusive for the camper would be a way to balance it. Make them super rare so it would be the equivalent to end game loot. 

That's my $0.02 but like the OP