Not a fan of Instant Death Trend

ZombieHunter

On 9/24/2019 at 4:00 AM, Livio Persemprio said:

zombies don't always go for you, there is a system in place where you get challenges if nothing happened for too long, which is quite essential if you want to deal with zombies in this zombie game. the thing is, if you live outside the city it might take months for zombies to show up at your door so you were probably living in the city, which is dangerous and should be so. it's not good game design to allow players to easily live close by to anything they need for survival.

It's one thing to have zombies drawn to your area, and quite another to have zombies drawn to you for the sake of "challenge". Want to live out in the middle of nowhere to be safe? Fine, but you won't be around all of the loot. Want loot? Go to a zombie infested city and face the challenges that go with it. Not good enough? Use the excuse that your "human" scent carries on the wind, drawing zombies slowly to your area in the middle of nowhere, but not directly to you. Stealth is useless if it fails to function.

It's disappointing when you can't counter these "challenges". If I draw a zombie to my base and hide inside, then my base should be fair game. If I draw a zombie to my base, then away from my base, the zombie shouldn't still beat up my base. If I leave my base alone for a period of time, I shouldn't come back later to find that zombies vandalized it just because it was there. It's not fun to clean up after a zombies version of a good time. Does anyone actually like cleaning up messes they didn't cause? Forcing challenges down my throat isn't as good as incentivizing me to seek out challenges.

Wonder how fun it'll be when NPC's are added and also target your base just because you (the player) own it. Is it even viable to create safehouses around a town for emergency use? Or will you find them destroyed when you need them? Just seems dumb that zombies break your walls and not every other wall around them. What makes your wall so special?

Sorry for the rant.

There are meta events that migrate zombies around. And I would find it normal that zombies move around for no reason. They don't need a logical reason to go from one place to another. Some randomnes in zombies is good if you ask me.

As for why they destroy only player built walls and not other well this is not a fully destructable world and I don't want my walls to be indestructable. If I want a safe base I build it without stairs. Since there is no gravity for buildings in this game you can have a flying base if you want.

Everyone have their own vision how zombies should be made. But this game lets you change more setings than any other game I did ever play. I think there is an option for zombies not to randomly attack stuff. I can make zombies as easy or as hard as I want them. There could always be more options (I do have a few ideas as well) but seting the game any way I like is one thing I can't really complain about.

With all the options and even mods in this game gives you so many posible ways to set up and play your game. It is hard for new players but for me learning was part of the fun. As long as I play smart I never got in to troble. Only times ware when there are 20 zombies after me and I had to stop and loot that box of nails :)

6 minutes ago, Zapp Brannigan said:

Zombies are dangerous. You don't carelessly walk into a group of them and expect to be alright. In general zombie fiction a huge number of deaths come from attacks from behind.

"But I wanna.  They're walking bags of Rotting Flesh, they can't be any challenge. Just let me kill them all, it's the best part!"

• 3 weeks later...

I think things like this were really necessary.

When I played with a friend month before the update, I really didnt felt challenged, you could escape too easy.

Now the game feels fresh and Im actually scared to take on 2 zombies at once.

There are sure still some small issues, but this is just the IWBUMS, some things will change.

I personally hope we get more options soon to avoid to get grappled and eaten, maybe some dodge moves. which cost stamina.

On 10/3/2019 at 11:49 PM, EnigmaGrey said:

"But I wanna.  They're walking bags of Rotting Flesh, they can't be any challenge. Just let me kill them all, it's the best part!"

To be honest, the most fun I've had in zomboid is when I've been able to kill many zombies easily, feeling powerful and not some weakling that can't do anything, if something is too hard it gets boring quickly and just becomes frustrating.

But I guess it's all about taste and opinion, some love it, some hate it. We all play differently :)

Archived