Gun Light and Backpack Light

ZombieHunter

One thing I feel the game is really missing is "Creative" Engineering that many people would do in these kinds of situations.

Equipment:

How Equipment Flashlight would work: 

Two new hotkeys added Equipment Slot 1 \ Equipment Slot 2 \ Equipment Slot 3

For gamepad this could be done using a Gear Wheel - so it's only a single button. 

Strapping a Flashlight on the Barrel of a Gun.

This would probably be the most common modification done. People would tell you it would alter the weight of the barrel and reduce accuracy but - if you can't see 2 feet in front of you in the pitch black. It's better to have low accuracy than 0 accuracy. 

Recipe: Duct Tape + Small Flashlight + Gun

Small Beam of Light from gun

Lowers accuracy 15%

Battery amount detected by right clicking on the gun in your inventory and checking charge

Backpack Shoulder Light.

Strapping a flashlight to the backpack shoulder harness is not a great idea. The beam itself is too small unless it's a heavy flashlight, then you have an issue with balance if its too big.

So some creative engineering creating a custom metal frame and taking out the large bulb from a big flashlight and creating a shoulder lamp.

Recipe: Large Flashlight ( Yellow LED ) + Copper Wire + Metal Frame ( made with Metal Sheet + Acetelene Torch ) + Light switch + backpack

Large forward cone of light 

A decrease in the total backpack carry weight by 2.5 lbs

Battery power checked by right clicking on the backpack in your inventory

Decrease Running speed by 5%

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/21/2019 at 2:56 PM, grammarsalad said:

Great ideas. Another one:

Helmet/Hat light

Recipe: hat or helmet + duct tape + small flashlight.

Small beam of light where you look. Has a chance to fall off your head when you run.

There is actually a Mining Helmet in the beta now, I found one in a hardware store. Its icon has a lamp on it but the model does not, and it does not function as a light source unfortunately.

Edited by lichterloh

On 10/21/2019 at 10:17 AM, lichterloh said:

There is actually a Mining Helmet in the beta now, I found one in a hardware store. Its icon has a lamp on it but the model does not, and it does not function as a light source unfortunately.

Ya I am talking about light sources and craftable light sources. 

I feel like this would help players feel like they are doing everything in their power to survive by being creative.