The Indie Stone Forums
Okamikurainya

Modifying Zombie Attributes

Heya all!

I was wondering if there was a way to get the skin, hair, inventory and all that of a zombie and modify it as they spawn in?
I'm attempting to create custom zombies for certain areas.

Would OnCreateLivingCharacter apply? The naming convention there makes me think not, but I may be wrong. :P
Does OnMapLoadCreateIsoObject only apply to static tiles?

Thanks in advance for any help!

It is possible to access this info, and I’m pretty sure you’re correct with OnCreateLivingCharacter, however I’m on my phone and I’ve stopped modding PZ.

I do have a mod on steam that makes zeds spawn with different clothes and I it would be the same event you’re looking for. Can’t tell you what it is off the top of my head, but I’m pretty sure it is OnCreateLivingCharacter.

As far as inventory goes, Zeds currently don’t actually have anything in their inventory until they die and a player approaches the corpse, which triggers an event and adds items. Zombie corpses are their own container type. Using whatever that event is (can’t remember what it is) you can force it to add special items under special conditions. 

Hope this helps a little.