Tow truck idea

duanethebathtub

How about an idea where you can tow a car with another car (or an actual tow truck).

Of course a graphical version would be coolest, but it seems the easiest would be to use a hydro-craft-like option like pallet jacks, hand-carts, wheel-barrels.

You would have to hold the "tow trailer" in both slots to bring a car from one area or city to another.  It would only work with another car and would maybe use twice as much gas and only go at 1/2 to 3/4 speed?  Or whatever seems balanced...  I imagine the original car would have to despawn and the same car would spawn at new location when "dismounted".

Of course would take some resources to build... Would love a feature like that to bring/move cars around the map.

I am not a modder... but wanted to throw that idea out there.  Possible?

Edited by duanethebathtub

• 3 weeks later...

Given the difficulty they seem to be having with getting vehicles to work (especially regarding physics) in general, I believe that adding further complexity to the system would be too much for them to handle within a reasonable timeframe. I can only imagine the number of physics issues involved with attaching one vehicle to another. And if you circumvented this by simply adding the towed vehicle to the "inventory" of the tow truck, then you're undermining a lot. That said, a tow truck would be highly useful when dealing with destroyed vehicles. Perhaps a forklift would be easier to code (if they combine the object to the forklift so they behave as one object in the eyes of the physics engine). So many possibilities, so little likelihood of any of it passing the "idea" stage.

• 1 month later...