Save cannot be loaded bug

Question

I'm not sure what happend. I did play yeasterday and everything was fine. And this is what happend when I started pz today. From what I know nothing updated in the last 24 hours. 

I didin't play any older versions (well i did before the viacles) but the point is that I always keep my steam setings to keep the game up to date and never go in to experimental builds.

Is there a way to fix this or is our world lost?

I did try to verify integrity of game files on steam and that didn't help.

1131923170_pzbug.thumb.jpg.7116b541e092a625257a6bf7adc0274f.jpg

9 answers to this question

I know of a possible way to fix this bug.
Go to "C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid\Saves\"
There, open up the folder depending on which gamemode you chose. There you will find a folder that's named after your saved game. Open it and delete the "map_ver.bin" file, or just move it out to your desktop or somewhere safe, just to back it up if anything goes wrong (it is recommended to do this with the whole save folder just in case)
After you delete that file, the save should work just fine.

"C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid\Saves\"

After that I did try to go to multiplayer as it was multiplayer and then the server name but there is no "map_ver.bin" file

Then insted of multiplayer I did try sanbox and went to latest date that was not an empty folder and there was the file. I did try to move it and run the game but it didn't help.

Not sure did it not work or did I do or understand something wrong.

Make a new game. Copy the map_ver from it to the broken save.

See if that lets you in.

Is always possible to actually broken server-side if its mp. But try the above first.

2 minutes ago, LegionDiablo said:

But there is no map_ver file in my multiplayer save. And will my character be lost? I am geting close to 25,000 zombie kills.

I mean a new single player game, just to get that file. Don't delete your multiplayer game or anything.

So you made a new singleplayer game and then moved the map_ver file to the multiplayer save file?
From what I remember, there should be two folders when you are hosting, servertest and servertest_player. Try moving it to both of them.

Yes I did try but I did only try moving it to servertest not the servertest_player. Will try moving it to bouth. But that will have to wait till morning.

If any of this works or not, I just want to say thank you to all the people that are willing to try to help.