Save cannot be loaded bug

LegionDiablo

Question

I'm not sure what happend. I did play yeasterday and everything was fine. And this is what happend when I started pz today. From what I know nothing updated in the last 24 hours. 

I didin't play any older versions (well i did before the viacles) but the point is that I always keep my steam setings to keep the game up to date and never go in to experimental builds.

Is there a way to fix this or is our world lost?

I did try to verify integrity of game files on steam and that didn't help.

1131923170_pzbug.thumb.jpg.7116b541e092a625257a6bf7adc0274f.jpg

9 answers to this question

I know of a possible way to fix this bug.
Go to "C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid\Saves\"
There, open up the folder depending on which gamemode you chose. There you will find a folder that's named after your saved game. Open it and delete the "map_ver.bin" file, or just move it out to your desktop or somewhere safe, just to back it up if anything goes wrong (it is recommended to do this with the whole save folder just in case)
After you delete that file, the save should work just fine.

"C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid\Saves\"

After that I did try to go to multiplayer as it was multiplayer and then the server name but there is no "map_ver.bin" file

Then insted of multiplayer I did try sanbox and went to latest date that was not an empty folder and there was the file. I did try to move it and run the game but it didn't help.

Not sure did it not work or did I do or understand something wrong.

Archived