[n] Beginning the game before the infection should be tentative yes

dexa32

You start game at day 0 on july 9 1993 3 days after the Knox evacuation when 50% of people living in Kentucky noticed that something is wrond 30% heared stories about people eathing each and thought it was ridiciluos and stupid other 20% of people in Kentucky who lived normaly and didn't care for what was happening,so basically you start pre-apocalypse which would mean when NPCs come to the game there would be normal people walking and driving cars,but everything should fall apart in 3 days after you start the game ,by project zomboid wiki on knox event.This should bi tentative yes and not the BIG NO.Ofcourse there will be people that don't like this idea but i must see their opinions

And where is that quarantine exactly huh?What will happen when Lousville comes out,you will be able to go there right?You can start playing in one of four cities and you say there would be no one alive just roads full of zombies and tumbleweeds and you are the only human left hmm

This is why I've said before:

On 8/15/2019 at 1:31 AM, Okamikurainya said:

As for spawn...
I've felt that's always been one of the most "WTF" moments in the game.

The infection is already going very strong and you just, what, wake up?

My thinking is that the house you start in should be barricaded and sheet curtained up and totally barebones, item and food wise, outside of maybe profession related spawn items which would be pretty degraded from the start (simulating that they're your tools that you've been using for a while)

This would make more sense, things started going down and you holed up, but now your stash of supplies is finished and you gotta venture out and play the game, but the world is far worse than when you first decided to hunker down, so good luck.

When the first signs started to happen, your character hunkered down and in the next three days, thinking rescue was imminent or the thing would tide over, you went through all your supplies.
This makes sense narratively and from a gameplay standpoint.