Resolution/Fullscreen Issue

oke

The game opens fullscreen but I can only see the top left half of the screen. As if it is zoomed in on that and I cannot access the rest of the game's screen.

Capture.PNG

Edited by oke

There are two options that could fix this:
1. Set DPI scaling to 100% in the Windows Display Settings (this applies to the entire Windows desktop)
Go to Steam\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid (your game directory)

Right click on each of the ProjectZomboid*.exe files

Left click Properties from the menu.

Under the Compatibility tab, disable DPI scaling for System (enhanced).
After that, just run the game through the ProjectZomboid64 or 32 .exe and it should work.

• 3 years later...
15 hours ago, imnotalex69 said:

i have the resolution set to what my monitor wants but whenever i set the game to full screen the monitor says "not optimum mode, recommended res is 1920 1080.   which is what i have the game set to. please help

That issue would be different from the one in this thread. The issue means that the resolution is likely a bit bigger than your actual resolution, or if you have  your refresh rate set higher than your monitors refresh rate. Does setting the game to Borderless mode work?

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Franmercado said:

I have this problem, I changed the resolution to a very low one and only that portion of the screen appears. Now I can't change the resolution.

image.png

Go to C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid and edit the options.ini file, you can change the resolution in the first two lines manually.

• 1 month later...