Invisible corpses

dexa32

3 minutes ago, dexa32 said:

i think its a bug because there are 3 or 4 invisible corpses in 50 corpses i can see 50 dead zombies but 4 corpses are invisible i only get to see their inventory not the body

I think it's more likely the graphics card hit its limit for the number of 3D models it's going to show, so I would like to know what graphics card it is.

It's not something that I've seen reported in a very very long time, so I'm rather skeptical to call it a bug on the base game vs. A bug or limitation in the graphics card.

To work around if you can turn off 3D corpses in options.

I have a gtx 980 ti and this happens a lot to me on IWBUMS.  I happens at the start of the game aswell.  you can interact with the corpse, but can't see it.  I have also had this problem when killing a zombie on the stairs, aswell as the ground

Edited by Swagger
Removed fluff

1 hour ago, Swagger said:

I have a gtx 980 ti and this happens a lot to me on IWBUMS.  I happens at the start of the game aswell.  you can interact with the corpse, but can't see it.  I have also had this problem when killing a zombie on the stairs, aswell as the ground

Huh, that's definitely not expected them. I've got a 980ti myself.

Okay, more likely a bug with the game. As Dex suggested.

I did an experiment recently, where lots and lots of zombies were killed in a tiny limited space (an island, if you know what I mean).

After some time all *visible* corpses disappeared, as they should accordingly to server options. But corresponding map chunks remained the same size (200kb-ish vs ~10kb-ish for a virgin chunk untainted with corpses). So, I opened one of them with a hex editor. And, well, there are a lot of corpses there. You cannot see them, but they still on the map.