Stop the DEPRESSION!!!

dexa32

Come on pz devs you are making this game too depressing with depressing music.I know it's  a zombie game but really i dont think 1000 depressing songs for this game are needed.Minercraft has zombies but happy music too i mean not happy music but something that makes gameplay more enjoyable not depressing.Atleast put real music on tv and radio so that we can hear it and make our gameplay a little bit enjoyable NOT DEPRESSING!!!

Does anyone agrees with me or not.

Your neighbor is missing part of her face, your highschool buddy just ate the Spiffo's fry cook, you're having to farm since the food at the local store has gone rotten, your crush tried to bite your throat out and you aren't quite sure she was even a zombie at the time...

I say make it MORE depressing. :P

Get some more sad violin, slow and deep plucking of the guitar, nostalgic and long notes...

That said... A return of situational music would be nice and I'd adore a new piece specifically for being played during a heavy thunder storm.

56 minutes ago, Okamikurainya said:

Doesn't seem to, at least for me, and certainly not to the extent that it used to. I absolutely adore how it worked in 1.5d.

In 1.5d music was absolutely everywhere and constantly looped, which would make music really annoying as the time goes on. Now one track plays at a time depending on what you're doing and was doing earlier. That's one of the reasons you can hear some heavy ass music when doing basically nothing — you did some stuff earlier. Most of the music plays depending on actions/surroundings. For example, it seems that "Ambient piano" track plays only while it rains, and you don't do much. Same thing with "Maybe we can win this" and "run", except they on mostly play when some action is going on. Regardless all of this though, it still could use some rework. Just i tiny bit. Some slow quiet guitar/violin/piano solo in between actual music tracks would help a lot.

Damn,everyone got an excuse to say,music is not depressing,mute your music in game we like depressing music
I saw some people on steam workshop searchig for less depressing music mod in pz but just found less depressing background.
But this is just to show how serious the situation is
I like background picture in pz that is not depressing it's nice.

So everyon likes depression hmmmmmmm ok ok

Rather than liking depression, it's more about a consistent tone.
This isn't "How you became the hero of the apocalypse", this is "How You Died".

The situation isn't a happy one, in fact... The happy parts, stuff like "OMG, look at this grand base I made!" are a clever ploy, lulling you into a false sense of calm just before that small scratch you got from a zombie while looking for supplies turns out to be the fatal one, or you leave your base only to be surprised with a bite to the back of your neck.
The game, the theme and the situation is inherently depressing.
Tonal clashing is a much worse situation than the music being too appropriate.

That said, I adore the music in this video:

It's far from depressing and still fits the theme of the game. I can't wait to hear it in the actual game. ^_^

Well it starts nice,then it turns dramatic and slowly falls to depressing.But it was kinda ok

Rather than liking depression, it's more about a consistent tone.
This isn't "How you became the hero of the apocalypse", this is "How You Died".

The situation isn't a happy one, in fact... The happy parts, stuff like "OMG, look at this grand base I made!" are a clever ploy, lulling you into a false sense of calm just before that small scratch you got from a zombie while looking for supplies turns out to be the fatal one, or you leave your base only to be surprised with a bite to the back of your neck.
The game, the theme and the situation is inherently depressing.
Tonal clashing is a much worse situation than the music being too appropriate.

But game is not always depressing i mean for me and for someone else for sure,i never got scratched or bitten in this world that i am playing in and i have killed 17003 zombies just now and survived for 1year 13days 12 hours i have awsome base and only problem is depressing music that starts randomly(source of my depression) i would just like some music that doesnt mean(die,get depressed)morale booster music woul be great

• 5 weeks later...

It would be nice to have the CD player function in the game when equipped in the secondary slot. One could cycle through a playlist of "happier music" which will play instead of the background music when the CD player is turned on. While the CD player is on, it will consume the battery which powers it. Also, having the CD player equipped will mute or muffle (depending on what the developers prefer (maybe even adding a setting for either option)) sounds in the game. Want to shut out the horrors of the world with pleasant music? Literally do so my clogging up your ears with earbuds. Balanced, right? Maybe?

the theme is dark, the music is fine as it is. the devs made the sandbox mode so nobody should tell you how to play and you can tailor it to your own need. in this case the real solution is just mute the music and play something you like from a playlist. 

the thing is, when it comes to the standard experience the devs envisioned, someone being able to kill 17k zombies is somewhat of a defeat for the devs. zombies are supposed to be scary, and the new update will do wonders in that regard. you just enjoy the game in a different way, which is fine, nobody can tell you how to have fun, but the official soundtrack will never deviate from the theme the devs have in mind