Coconut granades to save you from pirates,i mean zombies

dexa32

Well yeah i'm not kidding,you heard me right,coconut grenades,at first it sounds ridiculous but once you see coconut grenade in action you would definitely want it in game(see on youtube).Something that would make that worthless gunpowder usefull.But it requires a coconut(obiviously)so that is why am i suggest that it should be added to the game,as a food item and as potentional bomb that can kill zombies,and give purpose to the gunpowder.

If you disagree with me,then you stick with your pipe bomb.

So what.I live in Serbia where winters would wipe any tropical tree,and there are still god damn bananas and coconuts and lemons and oranges in stores but you probably dont belive in that i mean in Kentuckey only grass grows there are no trees no other plants,in Kentuckey farms are placed for decorations

9 minutes ago, dexa32 said:

i mean in Kentuckey only grass grows there are no trees no other plants,

image.png.6529ed1511c4a1c592e8a09a839dcc52.png

Hmm... That behind the sign? Really tall grass! Better get the lawn mower out. :P

That said, while I don't know how I feel about coconut grenades, they do sell at least coconut based products in Mudraugh, so says the google.

i mean in Kentuckey only grass grows there are no trees no other plants

I said that based of EnigmaGreys answer

And baised of his answer that is a plastic tree forest,plastic flowers and organic grass that can only be found in Kentuckey

It's so unlikely that you'd find a full coconut that we'd get people on the forum demanding they get removed, not unlike remoulade (a sauce used in cajun, southern, and French food). Doubtful I'd personally know anyone that'd know how to even open and eat one without Youtube now, let alone in 1993.

No, coconuts for bomb-making really stretch suspension of disbelief.

4 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

It's so unlikely that you'd find a full coconut that we'd get people on the forum demanding they get removed, not unlike remoulade (a sauce used in cajun, southern, and French food). Doubtful I'd personally know anyone that'd know how to even open and eat one without Youtube now, let alone in 1993.

Why on earth would it be unrealistic to find a full coconut in-game? I can go to the supermarket and buy a full coconut right now, and I'm living nowhere near the tropics.

2 hours ago, Octopus said:

Why on earth would it be unrealistic to find a full coconut in-game? I can go to the supermarket and buy a full coconut right now, and I'm living nowhere near the tropics.

Do you happen to live in a location that has a large Thai or Asian demographic making it reasonable for your supermarket to stock items that appeal to them, rather than just the bog-standard canned coconut meat / cream / milk?

You'll find it's much easier to find something like coconut in Toronto, Ontario than, say, Angus, Ontario.

Again, since we seem to be playing possum: rural America in the early 90s. Probably not going to be many whole coconuts bouncing around for you to grenade your buddies with.

exactly

And how is item banana available in sotres in pz but coconuts like EnigmaGray are sooooo rare that you cant find any in Kentucky,well hell you can't even find any in Kentucky 1993

2 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Do you happen to live in a location that has a large Thai or Asian demographic making it reasonable for your supermarket to stock items that appeal to them, rather than just the bog-standard canned coconut meat / cream / milk?

No. No I do not. Why do you think coconuts are impossible to find in North American supermarkets?

8 hours ago, Octopus said:

No. No I do not. Why do you think coconuts are impossible to find in North American supermarkets?

Because I'm talking to someone that deals only in absolutes, apparently.

We're talking about two rural American towns with a population that is effectively 90% white and 0% asian/pacific in the early 90s. Why would a grocery distributor send full coconuts there? 

The only time it might make sense is when Lewisville is added, but I'm pretty certain the demographics aren't much more flattering, even in 2019.

Why would that be somehow acceptable in game, when people can't even get over a fish sauce that would be far more common nearer to the South?

Then explain the banana item,how was it so common and coconuts were a legend .From witch planet are people in Kentucky getting those crops called bananas,if they cant get coconut.
And explain why was it sooo hard to trade with other countries in Kentucky in 1993.If Kentucky was really poor in that time,then i could explain how quarantin fell in game
I suposse trading was a thing in Kentucky in 1993 or am i really wrong tell me EnigmaGray.

Full coconuts are niche at best, people want them processed because they're a pain to open. Bananas are easy to just peel and eat and have been a common grocery item for so long that I doubt most Americans wouldn't be able to find them in a grocery shop.
You're far more likely to find tins of coconut milk or packs of dried coconut shavings than a full coconut, even here, where I live, in more tropical climates.

So,every country that has coconuts on sale is foolish and crazy.Why i dont understand why,some people buy coconuts for experiments and not for eating.Yes,its ok if you have processed coconut in your store,but why not the whole coconut,and dont tell me its hard to open a coconut if you know what is a hammer then you can open a coconut,coconuts mouth is fragile so you can break through them and enjoy in coconut milk,how would you slice a watermelon without a knife?I never saw a bottled coconut milk.

19 minutes ago, dexa32 said:

So,every country that has coconuts on sale is foolish and crazy.Why i dont understand why,some people buy coconuts for experiments and not for eating.Yes,its ok if you have processed coconut in your store,but why not the whole coconut,and dont tell me its hard to open a coconut if you know what is a hammer then you can open a coconut,coconuts mouth is fragile so you can break through them and enjoy in coconut milk,how would you slice a watermelon without a knife?I never saw a bottled coconut milk.

Ah, another one.

" it would be exceedingly unlikely to find coconuts the rural American towns represented by the game in 1993" does not mean " you can never find coconuts in North America or that you are insane for thinking that some countries have coconuts."

I genuinely hope that this is just a failure and reading comprehension and you guys don't honestly think this is how arguing about something works. You don't put words in someone else's mouth then try to argue against your own extreme position. That's not going to win anyone over.

Bring some evidence to the table, explain your points. At least try - don't just think you can throw out your ideas onto the Internet without even explaining why you think it's a good counter and get anywhere.

40 minutes ago, dexa32 said:

I never saw a bottled coconut milk.

Then it is pretty likely that you are not from North America and tell me what's common other, is it?

Your experiences will differ from mine in many, many ways. Just ask those who grow up in the City versus in the country, have access to more unique foodstuffs that aren't available in towns like the ones in the game.

( coconut milk comes canned; coconut water comes bottled.) 

52 minutes ago, dexa32 said:

Oh yea im from Europe i didnt even think about that.So did you ever touched a real coconut im wondering,because it must be hard out there in north america.

Honestly, no. I grew up in a tiny little town about an hour outside of Toronto, right near a military base, so never really saw that sort of thing. A  teacher brought one in once in elementary school for show and tell, but then didn't see another one for years until going to Toronto. A few No Frils grocery stores near Brampton (pretty-muchToronto, but big on Indian immigrants) carried then I think. 

Other cities I've lived in, I've not seen them.  That doesn't mean they don't exist, off. I bet anywhere big enough to have a Chinese grocery store probably has things like coconuts.

Well then,i was wrong because i thought that coconuts were sold commonly in grocery stores everywhere in America,i live near a small town where you can find coconuts in many stores
But you mentioned posibility of coconuts when Lousville comes out and maybe coconut granade because they are a real thing :>

On 8/25/2019 at 3:11 PM, EnigmaGrey said:

Bring some evidence to the table, explain your points. At least try - don't just think you can throw out your ideas onto the Internet without even explaining why you think it's a good counter and get anywhere.

You want evidence? I've got evidence. I've got photographic evidence, a paper trail, and two coconuts sitting on my kitchen counter.

So lets start with some basics: I live in a very small town in rural Newfoundland, Canada. The local population is just over 6000 people. The nearest city (which can properly be called a city) is a seven hour drive away. The town I live in does NOT have a large Asian demographic.  In fact, the local non-white/non-aboriginal population can probably be counted in the low double digits. Feel free to look up the demographics for yourself.

There are three grocery stores in town - not including the world's crappiest Wal-Mart. I went to all three of those grocery stores in search of coconuts. Here are my findings:

IMG_0576.JPG.6807edb7a4ed8c18d2da3e45872ac4de.JPG

The first grocery store on my coconut hunt is also our town's smallest. I genuinely wasn't expecting to find any coconuts here, and I didn't. I flagged down an employee, and he said they didn't carry them. So that's a point in your favor. Enjoy.

IMG_0577.JPG.bbd1029f74099d78e4d0917100b917d6.JPG

The second store I tried however, was the coconut jackpot! Granted, Dominion is by far the largest grocery store in town, so I would have been very surprised if they weren't stocked with coconuts. They were on sale too!

IMG_0580.thumb.JPG.ac4a7639024a7ee6f97e8202654f903c.JPG

Feel free to count all those coconuts, by the way! Those wonderful brown fruits are all points in my favor!

IMG_0581.JPG.099bd1ea5a32cb402292da5650698a77.JPG

The last store in town was kind on a crap-shoot with regards to coconut availability. According to their website, they carried coconuts - but I honestly wouldn't have been surprised to walk in and be told that they didn't stock them.

Fortunately for my argument, they do stock them - albeit in very limited qualities. There was only one lone coconut available to buy (which I did buy), and the man stocking the produce said they get two or three shipped in every couple of weeks. He did offer to put in a special order for me if I was interested, but I politely declined. I only need one to prove my point.

IMG_0584.JPG.e50cb97a36f248a78d2a2f031444bcfb.JPG

I hope these photos serve as proof that coconuts are entirely available in small, rural, mostly white communities. They might not be as common as bananas, oranges, or pineapples - but they are not some super-exotic mystery fruit consumed only by Asian immigrants as you seem to think.

Need more evidence? Here's one last photo of the two coconuts I bought today - complete with receipts proving the date and location of their purchase:

IMG_0609.thumb.JPG.34a3bf5f805870e2c2794f730e838cff.JPG

Edited by Octopus
typo

Thank you, that is much better than just insisting you're right.

Though I hate to tell you this, 6000 people isn't exactly small.  That's 3x the population of Muldraugh and West Point combined. Maybe that helps put it in perspective?

That also fails to address that coconuts are currently in vogue (keto, the changing attitudes regarding saturated fats and heart disease),

whereas it'd probably be less likely to find them in 1993, but I doubt either of us can prove that one way or another. My instinct tells me that it be even less likely in the game's setting.