Changes to Zombie Bump Damage

ZombieHunter

I feel bump damage ( the damage done by zombies as they knock against something with their bodies ) should change based on the state they are in.

Wandering State
Only damage to unbarricaded windows

Agro State ( Triggered by a specific action )
Damages Unbarricaded wooden doors and Barricaded Windows

Horde State ( More than one zombie hitting door ) 
Damages Barricaded Doors \ Metal Doors \ Barricaded Windows 

This could be done by having each state apply a specific damage type
instead of having to worry about complex math. 

This would make it so bases are not just destroyed by random zombies bumping into things because a player made the structure. 

My idea for this was:

On 4/13/2016 at 9:59 AM, Okamikurainya said:

With welding and stronger walls on the horizon I was thinking that the current manner in which zombies deal damage to walls is kind of unrealistic.

A poorly constructed plank wall is one thing, the zombie would end up hooking itself on the gaps and pulling the thing apart. But with a welded metal wall I was thinking that a single zombie shouldn't be able to do anything against it.

I'm not sure how hard this would be to script but wouldn't it be more realistic that each wall section be able to detect the amount of zombies bashing against it and after a certain amount it would only then start to take damage?

Right now it kind of feels like zombies are using their heads, their weakpoints I might add, as super powerful siege weapons. Sure, that might just be an animation thing but even with using their hands it shouldn't be as easy as it is for them.

Another thing that could be added for this is being able to use a shovel to dig a hole to plant your logwalls in. These holes could be filled with dirt or concrete to increase the log wall's pressure resistance (both of which are already added as ingame items in anycase).

In my opinion it just makes so much more sense. What do y'all think?

I still don't think that a single zombie should be able to do much of any damage to any structure, but the sound of it trying to get in would lure others which would lead to an actual risk.

Also, on this note, zombies still, even after all these years, prefer constructions to juicy player meat. I can lead a zombie to a wall and it will totally ignore me until I physically assault it. Living things, whether they be PC, NPC or animal, should always be a higher priority to a zombie than a structure. This desperately needs to change.

Edited by Okamikurainya

On 8/22/2019 at 9:20 AM, Okamikurainya said:

My idea for this was:

I still don't think that a single zombie should be able to do much of any damage to any structure, but the sound of it trying to get in would lure others which would lead to an actual risk.

Also, on this note, zombies still, even after all these years, prefer constructions to juicy player meat. I can lead a zombie to a wall and it will totally ignore me until I physically assault it. Living things, whether they be PC, NPC or animal, should always be a higher priority to a zombie than a structure. This desperately needs to change.

That is why a single zombie only damage windows.
Even a child can break a window. 

Angry people can break wood doors - After all cops do it all the time, as well as drunk people. ( which is why I mentioned Agro State ) 

So I tried to keep the damage values realistic. 

As for the player structures I agree, the random attacking player structures cause its made by a player makes no sense. 
it should only attack a player structure if pathing prevents it from winding a way around. 

This can be done through "Global Pathing markers"