Revision of the Weight System

ZonaryQuasar

Last week I created a new character and started with the Very underweight trait (+10 points), one of the most negative traits there is along with Obese.

The thing is... I managed to gain 25+ kgs in 13 days in game without even bothering, and I never ate until full, just until satisfied. It was VERY easy to lose one of the most negative traits, basically free points.

This happens because the weight system is (and correct me if I'm wrong) based on one variable: calories count.

You gain calories eating, but there's no way to burn them. They will simply decrease over time, but before they can decrease you are already starving and have to eat again, so the calories count goes up again. 

I know that this can be avoided by eating wild berries and low calories type of food... But even in real life, one person doesn't simply gain +20 kgs in less than two weeks, even if they just eat fast food like McDonalds. 

Maybe if there's a limit that you can gain/lose in one day? You can only gain or lose Xkg per day. (suggested value for X = 1?).

Or even better, make actions such as running and chopping trees burn calories. 

I tend to have the exact opposite issue, despite my character taking in more calories than I do in real life even, my weight just keeps going down and down. Still, everything you say is right and it needs to be retooled. Activity should have an effect, even if you don't take in many calories, if you don't burn them then they should continue to add up with only a fixed amount being subtracted each day for standard metabolic functions.

Yeah, personally, I can't make heads or tails of the weight system.

I would think that they should have the basic formula of (calories consumed - calories burned) + weight = current weight or something like that. It would be kinda weird if you just 'lost' a certain number of calories per time period. You should be more likely to lose weight if you are eating light and working hard and more likely to gain weight if you are eating heavy and slothing around watching tv