Knox County Revival

Okamikurainya

Heya all!

I've been slowly but surely remaking and remastering the original Knox County map in its' entirety and I've reached a point that I feel showing some of the work would be okay.
I've been adding a few things I feel are common sense here and there, such as bedrooms to houses that didn't have, extra details, etc...

Screenshots:

Spoiler

image.png.0faf48bf6722ba05849dae501d6ac6b5.png

Spoiler

image.png.f77ab65c994649ede54f3ab48bd5e5b9.png

Spoiler

image.png.4b35d88619e97b813beeedd5ce4d23da.png
As you can see, the house in the top left now has a top storey, this is where the bedrooms are located. The original was just a living room, bathroom, dining room and a kitchen.

Also worked up a set of counters that never made it into the modern version:
oka_kc_fixtures_counter_1.thumb.png.32dbd20c186d910bbe15a58520dfb83f.png

Was hoping someone would be up for helping me upscale a few other objects that never made it to the modern version. It would be a massive help as I'm fine with editing, but my actual sprite creation skills are lacking. <_<

Still a long way to go. The first segment of the Northern Highway is complete and I'm focusing on the Suburbs now, with the Villas being the next focus.

image.png.8c0fc3cb6f792b405c13cfed9614e21f.png

Finished another of the Northern Highway tiles after stumbling across a house in the woods. It hasn't been listed on the wiki, so it was quite an interesting surprise.

In the original it is identical to the small farmhouse of the first Northern Highway cell. For this version I changed up the interior to give it the feel of an old somewhat unkempt forest house belonging to a man who no longer really cares about much. Trash and grime lay on the floor, but hints show he used to be an avid hunter...

The large dirt road on the North West of the minimap leads to the large farm.

image.png.b3c1f3dea1499b20c2da4992305fa683.png

Anyone able to help me with a x2 version of these tiles?

It's a foot rest that goes along with the green sofa set that, for one reason or another, never made it to the latest version.

I tried and failed one too many times to do it on my own. :wacko:

Many thanks for any help!

Edited by Okamikurainya

8 hours ago, Atoxwarrior said:

hermoso trabajo, si en algo puedo ayudar contactarme.

Muchas gracias!
Lo haré.

Changed up the suburb's supermarket:
-Original-

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.fd2b59bca053576df6a0f950b3f6457b.png

-New-

Spoiler

image.png.da2e0222d0b02fcb922d2bf6e309d1a9.png

Progress on the suburbs is coming along slowly but surely:
image.png.fca3a1060ccd72bab94e4cb7b4df0fe6.png

I don't know why the bricks under the windows seem a bit lighter, they're the same texture as the rest of the exterior trim... Might just be a lighting issue in the editor. :wacko:

Tend to build the base of the building first and then go back and work on it, changing and adding things that make sense to me. I prefer working on landscapes to buildings, so this part is going a bit slower. :P

• 2 weeks later...