Bloody Age

Okamikurainya

It's always bugged me that the zombies in Zomboid have bright red blood and that that never really seems to change...
With the animation update on the way, and with it clothing and all sorts of overlays for bleeding and blood splatter, it would be the perfect time for a change in this.

image.thumb.png.583e5e939c7077c681990be8bba7b15b.png

Now, from what I know, Zombie age is already tracked. This would be an extension of that.

Fresh Zeds could be as they are now, big bags of oxygenated hemoglobin. But then each week that they exist the blood will gradually shift colour. Going from a bright red, to a dark dried blood texture before changing to a fleshy, goopy brown liquid.

Harkening back to an older post of mine:

On 11/16/2015 at 8:57 AM, Okamikurainya said:

it would be amazing if zeds decayed overtime. I mean they already get slower and such but there's no visual representation.

Imagine if they became more infectious as they decayed, they're leaking out fluids from all over their bodies. It would add a fear factor to the late survivors, going out and killing zeds would be easier but so would the chance of becoming infected making the late game more risky and less farm in fort, rinse, repeat.

The blood colour could tie into the infectiousness of the Zombies and make the blood splatter something to fear and make the "Blood" part of the "Blood+Saliva" actually a factor. A simple 16 colour scale could be used, with the first red having a +0% modifier, but each blood colour level adding a +0.4% risk of infection via blood getting in an open wound or scratches, leaving the oldest with an extra 6% chance of infecting you. A balance to their general weakness at that age.

What y'all think?

Edited by Okamikurainya