Starting with items related to occupation

CTN Phaco

Hi! In the next build, we would have T-Shirts related to our occupation (what about shades an caps?)...

So why not having the ability on the character creation menu to start with items from our profession? It's not breaking the lore right?

I'm thinking about the clothing system: you can currently choose what kind of clothes you will wear (and even customize them) or set it to none. Maybe we could have something like that!

Maybe we could have a random item (or several?) instead of choosing it? Maybe it could cost more points if you want to spawn with this/these item/s?

What do you think about it?

As for spawn...
I've felt that's always been one of the most "WTF" moments in the game.

The infection is already going very strong and you just, what, wake up?

My thinking is that the house you start in should be barricaded and sheet curtained up and totally barebones, item and food wise, outside of maybe profession related spawn items which would be pretty degraded from the start (simulating that they're your tools that you've been using for a while)

This would make more sense, things started going down and you holed up, but now your stash of supplies is finished and you gotta venture out and play the game, but the world is far worse than when you first decided to hunker down, so good luck.

15 hours ago, Okamikurainya said:

There used to be a mod for this that I really loved that seems to have vanished off the face of the Earth. :(

Anyhow, I think it's a great idea and one that makes sense. Or at least have a "Profession" loot index that increases the chance of you finding items related to your profession in your spawn house.

Yeah, this makes a lot of sense. Technically, your house is a "professional" house. That is, for example, if you are an electrician, then your house should be an electricians house, no?

So if you spend some times you could maybe have a toolbox somewhere in your starting house or in your shed if you have one. It seems logical to me carpenters or electrician have all their tools in a box they carry with them.

About spawning in your starting house or at work, it really depends on the lore and they told us they'll change it.

If you are a cooker you could have more ingredients or something different in your counters and maybe more kitchen knives (one for the bread, one for meat, one for... Well, a true pro! :P )

To fit the lore in 6 Months Later mode, i think the loot in this box should be adapted (less loot) though.