Question about Thick Skinned trait

ZonaryQuasar

On the Project Zomboid wiki, it says:

Thick Skinned Positive Thin Skinned -6 "Less chance of scratches and bites breaking the skin" 15% (-10%) chance of being scratched and 3.75% (-2.5%) chance of being bitten (if unarmed).

I already saw someone say here that when you get scratched, you have 25% chance of infection. 

The 25% mentioned on the Thick Skinned trait, it's referring to the chance of being infected? Because if yes, the text is not clear.

If someone can confirm to me, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

It's widely known the wiki is full of outdated or inaccurate information. An effort is being made to update the wiki (see the #pz-wiki channel on the discord).

Infection chance is something that is not 100% known and has been heavily disputed all around.

No doubt thick skinned vs non thick skinned makes a huge difference, but no one knows the actual numbers.

Many believe this is exactly how the devs intend it to be.

2 hours ago, Bejasc said:

It's widely known the wiki is full of outdated or inaccurate information. An effort is being made to update the wiki (see the #pz-wiki channel on the discord).

Infection chance is something that is not 100% known and has been heavily disputed all around.

No doubt thick skinned vs non thick skinned makes a huge difference, but no one knows the actual numbers.

Many believe this is exactly how the devs intend it to be.

Actually the devs confirmed that a bite is 100% guaranteed of infection, and if I'm not mistaken, a scratch is 25% by default.

I asked exactly because I want to update the wiki, so I can translate the correct information to portuguese.

3 minutes ago, ZonaryQuasar said:

devs confirmed that a bite is 100% guaranteed of infection

Could you provide a source on this? There was discussion in the discord only a couple of weeks ago,  where it was proven the developers had never directly commented or confirmed the chances - and everything published on the wiki at that time was speculation.

9 hours ago, Bejasc said:

Could you provide a source on this? There was discussion in the discord only a couple of weeks ago,  where it was proven the developers had never directly commented or confirmed the chances - and everything published on the wiki at that time was speculation.

Yes I can!

e1ae1e1743ca9598b11a54ba1431551e.png.ca303ec251e7d79374900f8e73795ef2.png

@lemmy101 or any other developer, can confirm what the Thick Skinned trait does?

It's -10% chance of infection by scratch, or it's just -10% chance of being scratched?

Also what exactly the "(if unarmed)" it's referring to? It applies only to the bite chance (that again, I don't know if it's infection chance or bite chance) or to the scratch as well?

Doesn't make sense you have to be unarmed to have a thick skin. PLEASE someone from the team confirm this so I can update the Wiki with the correct information.

15% (-10%) chance of being scratched and 3.75% (-2.5%) chance of being bitten (if unarmed).

Archived