Build 41 Ballpark ETA?

Spectre

Kind of been holding off playing as not to form any hard to break habits in anticipation of Build 41, which from the looks of it will be changing A LOT.

Is there a rough ETA on this build? Things look close, but if it's gonna be another year then I may as well just play.

On 8/6/2019 at 7:12 AM, Spectre said:

-snip-

As far as I understand (only recently got back into the game myself), the devs were aiming for this summer (June-July-August), but by the way things seem, I don't think it'll be released this month (August), so it'll probably be released until the Christmas holidays, but then again, you never know...

yeahhhhh....

see, they don't "Do" ETA kind of things

its bitten them in the butt a few times back when, so they stopped giving them.

watch the Thursdoid, and keep in touch here or in the Discord channel for the latest and greatest

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/6/2019 at 12:12 AM, Spectre said:

Kind of been holding off playing as not to form any hard to break habits in anticipation of Build 41, which from the looks of it will be changing A LOT.

Is there a rough ETA on this build? Things look close, but if it's gonna be another year then I may as well just play.

They still are doing clean up so probably at minimum 2 - 3 weeks before even for the Beta Branch Build.
Then another 4 weeks till full release. 

So I am guessing it will be October end most likely.

Not commenting on when IWBUMs will be (tho we're getting closer!) - but yeah 3 weeks from IWBUMs to full release is crazy optimistic, this is the biggest upset to the game code since day 1, huge amounts of the game have been rewritten and it'll likely be one of the longest and toughest IWBUMs to get to release readiness. I'd be amazed if it went from IWBUMs to public before christmas

On 8/7/2019 at 11:41 AM, MisterLock said:

As far as I understand (only recently got back into the game myself), the devs were aiming for this summer (June-July-August), but by the way things seem, I don't think it'll be released this month (August), so it'll probably be released until the Christmas holidays, but then again, you never know...

actually we were anticipating the build taking much longer than it has, and were anticipating we wouldn't have an IWBUMs out till after the end of the year until the couple of months where everything's slotted into place, the team's work has been amazing. I'd say any month after August is feasible, during September is feasible, but there are things that could slot in in a week or could take a month to get right if we hit issues, and its too much of a risk not getting these things right before IWBUMs after how long people have waited, its just a big unknown how long these last big things will take which is why we steer away from ETAs.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/11/2019 at 7:29 AM, LegionDiablo said:

Nooo!!! Don't bring animations this year. My friends will want to play with them and I'm gaming on a potato laptop. Project Zomboid is one of my favorite games and I'm not sure will I be able to run it if it gets more demanding :P

We always have all prior builds on steam beta list

I got two weeks off. Where's my animation update, bitches? I'm a self entitled spoiled brat, I deserve this! Really, I mean it!

Why did that Mark guy get to play the new build? I hereby declare him undeserving.

Let me emphasize my point with a hurr durr. Goodbye.

On 9/21/2019 at 8:06 PM, ughughugh said:

I got two weeks off. Where's my animation update, bitches? I'm a self entitled spoiled brat, I deserve this! Really, I mean it!

Why did that Mark guy get to play the new build? I hereby declare him undeserving.

Let me emphasize my point with a hurr durr. Goodbye.

That made me laugh. It did look good watching Mark play though.

• 1 month later...
On 8/31/2019 at 1:06 AM, lemmy101 said:

actually we were anticipating the build taking much longer than it has, and were anticipating we wouldn't have an IWBUMs out till after the end of the year until the couple of months where everything's slotted into place, the team's work has been amazing. I'd say any month after August is feasible, during September is feasible, but there are things that could slot in in a week or could take a month to get right if we hit issues, and its too much of a risk not getting these things right before IWBUMs after how long people have waited, its just a big unknown how long these last big things will take which is why we steer away from ETAs.

The open beta has satisfied my cravings for the time being. Super stoked with the progress. Can't rush perfection

Archived