Personal Challenges

happyjoyjo

Hey I've been playing this game for a while and thought I'd like to hear other people's personal challenges they set for themselves when playing the game. In single player. With or without mods as you please. 

Some points mine are as follows:

1) Long term survival on CDDA mode. Get a car and drive to the farm houses a few miles north of Muldraugh. Easy once you're there, but getting there is fun.

2) Regular survival but you MUST get all the TV skill bonuses and read the relevant books as necessary. I usually focus on Carpentry and it's annoying to lose out on all those "free" XP so game over if ya miss em.

3) Start in town A, say Rosewood, and HAVE to make your way to a safe-ish area all the way over in Riverside or the mall by car within, say, 3 days.

A lot of my attempts get derailed by typical survival stuff as the game intends or just noping out from a random bite while playing risky.  Personal challenges like these help to keep the game fresh and interesting for me. 

WHAT'S YER POISON?

I like to start out as Unemployed with no traits.
If I can at least max out Carpentry and see the first snowfall, then it's been a good game.
Currently just entered December with my Survival character and have a nice cushy base in a (on a good week) cleared Scenic Grove. Had a lot of really close calls when driving into other towns so I'm trying to lay low for the winter.

4 hours ago, Okamikurainya said:

I like to start out as Unemployed with no traits.
If I can at least max out Carpentry and see the first snowfall, then it's been a good game.
Currently just entered December with my Survival character and have a nice cushy base in a (on a good week) cleared Scenic Grove. Had a lot of really close calls when driving into other towns so I'm trying to lay low for the winter.

I like this idea. For quite a while now I've been playing with a whole pile of positive and negative traits. It's been a long time since I've played truly vanilla, hahah. Back to basics will be my next playthrough, thanks.

Last few times I played: 

-Had to live entirely in the mall and only leave if I have absolutely no other choice

-Played as a fully non-combat character who could not deliberately kill any zombies

-Only live in downtown areas

Trying to really change up how you play can be fun instead of trying to always do what you think is "best" and step outside your comfort zone. As a player of habit most of the time I've been trying to do this sort of thing more often.

On 8/4/2019 at 5:46 PM, stuffger said:

Not sure if you would class it as a challenge but I play every game (6 months later) with unemployed, unfit, weak and obese

I do almost the same thing, but instead of Obese I pick Very underweight, since I can pick Strong and Athletic as well (with Obese you cannot pick Athletic).

II'll not call it personal challenge, but unbearable OCDs :

1) i want to craft and use everything that's possible in vanilla. So always picking an engineer (Only profession who can craft all the bombs) with the smoker trait and never ever an outdoorsman (useful towels and antibiotics).

I craft every mattress, gardening spray and electronic stuff that I can.

2)I try to never kill Z on the road if I can, and take my time to put them on the pavement if i can't.

I also pick up every objects on corpses, cos' nothing belong to the deads. So i always end with a crate full of pens, joalleries and tote bags.

3) I'm always entirely building my base near a lake or a river. And try to possess one of each pickable items of the game.

I also try to get every professional cars that I found.

4)every pumping station on the map are set up with a full generator and a homemade HAM radio.

Please, don't judge me...

Archived