Pitch for a Pitchfork

Okamikurainya

Hey all!
Been a long while since I've submitted a suggestion here, but I thought this one was something that I was surprised wasn't in the game in the first place:

Pitchforks!

Aside from the obvious use as a weapon, I imagined it would go hand in hand with the Composter, allowing you to speed up the process of gaining compost somewhat so long as you have a pitchfork and a certain amount of water. "Turning compost" is something that is pretty much required IRL, you'd water it down with a hose and mix it using a pitchfork to speed up the process of it composting.

Once farm animals are added, you could also maybe use them to cut down on the weight of hay used for feeding them by "changing into" a "Pitchfork with Hay", which could then be dumped into a feeding trough or location for your horses or cows and what not to eat from when grazing isn't an option.

What y'all think?

6 hours ago, Kim Jong Un said:

Turning compost as a one-time boost for composting speed each batch of fertilizer could be a neat idea as well.

I was thinking more along the line of having a daily thing set up, where if you keep at it and turn the compost each day, you'd cut the time to get the fertilizer down by half. After turning it will check that 24 hours has gone by and then you can turn it again, this would require effort, but if you're wanting fertilizer quick, then you'd be willing to go to those lengths.

6 hours ago, Kim Jong Un said:

These are great ideas! I think the idea of pitchfork and hay is great, kind of like how we have rope and logs.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Burger_Time said:

Pitchforks are getting added anyways, but making it more than just a fighting tool would be cool. Though maybe it's already planned. :P

I didn't realize they were going to be added. I did do a check, but they were only mentioned for Hydrocraft and in various suggestions. Do you have a link? Would be interesting to see what else may be being added or mentioned alongside.

56 minutes ago, Okamikurainya said:

I didn't realize they were going to be added. I did do a check, but they were only mentioned for Hydrocraft and in various suggestions. Do you have a link? Would be interesting to see what else may be being added or mentioned alongside.

In this by 0:47 you can see character running with a pitchfork. They appeared in some other videos too, but this one's the first that came in mind.